cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching on the EHP4 functionalities only for Procurement as a part of SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are upgrading from 4.6C to ECC 6.0 EHP4, but the EHP4 functionalities are not activated. Further now we are planning to upgrade our SRM system from 5.0 to 7.0. As a part of SRM upgrade we wanted to switch on the EHP4 functionalities only for procurement. My doubt here is Can we activate only Procurement functionalities in EHP4, if yes would it affect the cross function modules.

This is crux for our further discussions, as lot of new functionalities being provided by SAP with ECC EHP4 when we integrate with our SRM system.

Could you please provide me some inputs about the activation of EHP4 Procurement functionalities and side effects for cross functional modules.

I will really appreciate for your quick response.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh Kyla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOME INFORMATION

LOG_MM_P2PSE_1

A completely end-to-end and integrated contract management solution provides better compliance with negotiated terms and operational contract execution because of seamless integration: end-to-end integration between legal contract, operational contract, and contract execution

Closes the gap between missing SAP ERP sourcing functionality by using SAP SRM sourcing capabilities

Gain a common UI for designing integrated procurement processes

LOG_MM_SERNO

Complete support of serialized materials within the procurement scenario. The serial number data is also available in third-party processes at any time.

--

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04_sp/helpdata/en/42/fbded750e61febe10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Business Functions in SAP ERP

->

Materials Management

->

Procurement - SRM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your quick response!

But my doubt is can we go ahead for activating the EHP4 functionalities for Procurement and would it affects the cross functional modules. Why because while activating these functionalities do we need to ask the cross functional folks to test their functionalities.

Can you please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it is enhance pack. so definetly we do vigorous test whether it affects our existing functionality

even we do very rigorous testing to move one service pact to another service pack.

Definetly testing is required to test whether it affects our existing business functionality of existing business.

yes. since EHP4 - totally different behavior on two main things. You need to study the EHP4 functionality very well

for eg. in PDP scenario , w dont run any req transfer job to transfer PR to SC in the SRM and it automatically happens and it traverse via XI. but SRM 550 ECC 6.0 - we transfer via Batch job no XI required.

in Contarct management :- SRM 700 with EHP4 ECC 6.0 , CONTRACT from SRM to ECC via XI but SRM 550 ,contract comes from SRM to ECC via IDOCs .

so in EHP4 DEFINETLY HAS LOT OF BUSINESS OBJECT LEVEL CHANGES. EXTRA FIELDS IN CONTRACT. FOR EXAMPLE PAYTERM FOR EACH ITEM IN THE NEW CCTR.

many.. you need to study lot... and needs to go further deep study..

br

Muthu

Answers (0)