Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of Changing Requirement Type by User processing Sales Order

satish_talikota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What could be the reasons for a user processing sales order to change requirement type in the sales order.......as we know that requirement tyor has only one requirement class assigned......so with the change of requirement type, requirement class also gets changed, which is essentially an object controlled by Production folks.....I want to undestand why has SAP given this option where in the user porocessing the document can change the requirememt type.....an you let me know possible scenarios.....

Thanks

Satish Talikota

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satish_talikota
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure.

The possible requirement types are controlled normally via the planning strategy group in the material master.

In there you can have more than one strategy, which in turn leads to the possibility to change them in the order.

There can be many scenarios, lets look at one; I normally sell from stock (MTS) a certain material, but from time to time I receive large orders that require a certain modification/customization of the product, so I can't sell the ones that I have in stock, and need to specificaly manufacture (MTO). In this case I change the requirements from MTS to MTO for these orders only.