cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Identity Management setup

0 Kudos

Why is SAP Netweaver Identity Management limited to MS SQL and Oracle , why is SAP not using netweaver cabailities and deviating and restricting in this product.

What is the future of CUA , should all SAP customers plan to replace CUA with Netweaver identity management server.

Regards

Mohammed Ashraf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashraf,

This old question again?

At several points, IDM was stated as a replacement for CUA, but only from the functional point of view. Dont worry, SAP is not planning to drop CUA. But then again neither are they planning on adding new functionality to it (CUA).

As stated, quite a lot of IDM's programming is based on stored procedures and was adapted to Oracle and MSS only. It's not SAP's standard route to immediately port all of purchased products to abap/j2ee, rather to itegrate the intrerfaces and functionality first.

After all, they bought a working product, not a prototype/idea. Same as it happened with MDM, BO, SAPManage and even Portal.

Best regards,

Eric

0 Kudos

Thanks Eric for your reply.

I want to use Netweaver IDM as we have DB2 I will have to get oracle or SQL database for Netweaver IDM.

Best Regards

Mohammed Ashraf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently SAP IDM is provided based on MSS and ORA only. It's not just a "supported or not" issue, the product won't work on DB2.

Cheers,

Eric

0 Kudos

I know that otherwise I would not have raised this question about IDM setup.

It would have been better if SAP provides free license for Oracle and MSS for IDM use only.

Regards

Mohammed Ashraf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason that IDM supports only MS SQL Server and Oracle is because alot of the logic is in the

stored procedures, and adding support for another db would probably take years to develop...

Take a look at the procedures to get a better idea on whats under "the hood"

Best regards

Roy Tronstad

Edited by: Roy Tronstad on Apr 28, 2010 3:06 PM