Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO10 access in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we give SO10 change access in Production? Isn't this a development tcode(BC component object)

The authorization required would be ACTVT 02 forS_SCRP_TXT

Please provide your views and inputs.

Regards,

Sandeep

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would prefer to use transports to update/translate texts instead of direct modifications in production system. Usually, the direct modifications are way to hell. They bring the uncontrolled inconsistencies between the systems in your landscape. But in some scenarios it might be useful to do it directly in production. Don't forget that you can restrict authorization using textname field to some well defined subset of texts. Why do your users need this transaction in production?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Martin,

Thanks for the response.

I would prefer to use transports to update/translate texts instead of direct modifications in production system.

I tried creating a standard text using SO10 in Dev system and it din't ask me for a transport request. So, I believe SAP delivered this tcode to be a system dependent which can be used across systems .

Anyways , i am trying to find the requirement of the user, will post it as soon as i receive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While SO10 isn't ideal in Prod, it has it's uses. A number of my clients have used it in the past where particular changes are made for some custom texts. SO10 provides the facility to restrict by S_SCRP_TXT and if used properly will restrict the ability to make amendments to the specific texts.