cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Syndication Automation Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam practising MDM asyndication process automation. As part of this I have created Syndication Map and assigned this map to Outbount port in MDM console. BUt i can not see any syndicated Files in outboud ready folder in MDM Server.

can any one tell me the settings neede for this.Iin one of the blog(/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2007/01/22/testing-and-monitoring-an-interface-between-mdm-xi) it is given that we need to set Auto Syndication Task Enabled=True but i can not see this property in my mds_ini0 file.

Now I verified "C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Distributions\LOCALHOST-XP_MSQL\Sand\Outbound\NewRemoteSystem(3)\OutECC\Ready:

Regards,

Venki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venki,

For automatic syndication, set syndication port's execution type = Automatic in console.

Also files will be generated in ready folder, only if your syndication server is running.

And 'Auto Syndication Task Enabled' property is in mdss.ini file which must be true.

Regards,

Shaailesh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem was due to variation in the version of MDM server and MDM Syndication Server.

Regards,

Venki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venki,

What are the MDM server and MDM syndication server versions are you using?

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venki

Please check following-

1. Port is defined as Automatic with processing interval as continuous .

2. MDSS is up and running.

3. Admin user ID password is set up in mdss.ini file. By default the password is blank, if you have changed the Admin password the same has to be updated in mdss.ini and mdis.ini files.

4. Check for the Arhive folders, if the files have already been syndicated and moved there

best regards-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Port is defined as Automatic with processing interval as continuous. I am getting exception as Auto syndication failed connecting to MDM Server localhost

I am doubtful on MDSS.iniSettings here with Iam providing those.

[GLOBAL]

MDM Server Name=localhost

Auto Syndication Task Enabled=True

Auto Syndication Task Delay (seconds)=5

Default Interface Language Code=eng

Default Interface Country Code=US

String Resource Dir=C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Syndication Server\LangStrings\

Log Dir=C:\PROGRA1\SAPMDM1.5\SYNDIC~2\Logs\

SLD Registration=True

Wily Instrumentation=True

Wily Instrumentation Level Threshold=0

In the previous message it is said to set userid/Pw. I donot have any userid/Pw for MDM server.But the repository Name is Customers and repository User Name is Admin and there is no password for that.

Regards,

Venki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You need to define an Outbound Remote system in Console, then define a Port and add the syndication map to it, make sure that "Processing" property of this port is set to Automatic.

Make sure that MDSS is running, you can check this via Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services.

Also please have a look at below link for troubleshooting:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/2f/0460e0bdaa4c0faf74171c9832a3e2/frameset.htm

Thanks

Aamir

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Syndication server is used for Automatic syndication. do you have MDM syndication server (MDSS) installed on your machine.

If not then please install and start it.

Also, please make sure that configurations are done as per mentioned by Aamir.

Regards,

Shiv