cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ppds Planned order quantity is taken back to DP for analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Can any one explaine in step by step how i can release my order quantity from PPDS to DP to do my further analysis?

Please it will be really great if any one can guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I don't know if a direct way exists, but you can try

1, incorporate PPDS order into a SNP book;

2. release it from the SNP book to DP planning.

BR,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin Wang

Thanks for your responce. My requirement is i wanted to capture PPDS conformed orders first copy that orders into SNP planning book and transfer the SNP orders to DP planning area and this are only for finished products.

This is for Planning people to understand what we planned and what are the orders it is conformed , so that planners can plan actual dispatch plan as it is purely MTS scenarios.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the clarificaiton. Please see if below details can help:

1. SNP KF: 9AFPROD should contain only the kind of PPDS order category you're interested in;

2. make sure SNP book capture the order data correctly.

3. /SAPAPO/LCOUT - Release to Demand Planning

BR,

Tiemin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I assume your requirement is to sentback the final supply planning results

back to the demand planner to compare the unconstrained demand plan

with the constrained supply plan.

If it is the case, the process is under the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/99/809d9be771456d83b8e24f9ef140e8/frameset.htm

(under transfer of SNP planning results)

As the planning area is common for both SNP & PPDS, you can make use of

this process

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Can you explain a little more what you are asking?

DP is demand planning. Here you are managing and deciding what your demand will be (predicting what you will sell is one of the more common outputs of DP)

PPDS is detailed supply planning. Here you are creating your supply elements, determining exactly how you actually intend to procure or build the product. In this plan, you have the opportunity to take into consideration capacity, execution duration, and the availability of lower level materials. In many (but not all) cases, the PPDS plan is built after the Demand plan has been turned into a final production demand forecast, and released to production for execution, prior to actually receiving the actual sales orders. In some cases, companies also may create an intermediate supply plan, which would usually be at a simpler level of detail (SNP).

Now you say you wish to 'release my order quantity from PPDS to DP' for some kind of analysis. I am not sure what this means. Supply and demand are two different things.

Companies that wish to, say, compare the demand plan to the supply plan typically don't do it in DP. Some will write custom reports, others build custom infocubes in a BW and perform their analyses there. It is definitely possible to extract supply elements (or just about any other type of data) into some kind of data structure, and place these elements into a DP planning book, if there is a business requirement. This would definitely be non-standard, and would have to be designed and built from scratch.

If you are looking for a transaction that will 'releases the order quantity from PPDS to DP', I don't believe it exists. If you wish to pull data from PPDS or SNP or ERP into DP in general, I would say you should talk to your local BW and DP experts to see what they can design for you.

Rgds,

DB49