Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterColumn cell design property does not work

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to set the value for the Cell Design property of the Master Column to one of the GroupLevels. When I choose the cell design value, it shows me a preview in the layout. but when I deploy it, the design is not applied.

The cell design works just fine for the other columns in the table. Its only the Master Column thats giving me the problem.

I am on NW2004s SP 06, using NWDS 7.0.06.

Please help.

Thanks

OJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oj,

i have tried to use Design property in masterColumn (TextView as editor) and that works fine:

when I set this property with value in design time all rows have the same disign (which i heve set) and when I bind this property to context I can set diferent disign to different rows. One problem which I have is that, I can't bind property to context in design time (editor request a property type TextViewDesign and will not bind to type WDTextViewDesign!!!) so i must bind this property dynamic in run time. Could you describe your problem more detail?

regards

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bogdan,

which type has the context attribute to which you want to bind the "design" property?

At designtime, you must use the DDIC type com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.TextViewDesign and <b>not</b> the Java native type WDTextViewDesign.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

thanks a lot Armin for info, my context atribute had type WDTextViewDesig (so that was Java Native type). Now I know a bit more:)

Regards

Bogdan

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I dont think it would be of the type CellBackgroundDesign because when I choose an attribute for the Design property in the master column, it says 'Select an attribute of type TableCellDesign'.

I have chosen the type com.sap.ide.webdynpro.uielementdefinitions.TableCellDesign and assigned it to master column.

So does setting it to the correct type on the Master Column cell design work when deployed? becos Im still not able to make it work. i have set the color in the implementation part.

any clue why?

thanks

oj

Message was edited by: oj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oj,

I have you wrong understood, I thought you will bind design in cell editor. Property you bind to master column design property should have a CellBackgroundDesign type (of course from dictionaries not native:) ).

Regards

Bogdan

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan

I dont think it would be of the type CellBackgroundDesign because when I choose an attribute for the Design property in the master column, it says 'Select an attribute of type TableCellDesign'.

thanks

oj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oj,

I am sure: design property of TextView (master column editor) is WDTextViewDesign but design property of TreeByNestingTableColumn have type CellBackgroundDesign.

What property would you in fact modify: master column or master column editor?

Regards

Bogdan