cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Customized Components in SAP Component list- Service Desk - Create Msg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are implementing Service Desk. I need to add some custom (non-sap)

components to the SAP component list during creation of a service desk

message.

When i choose 'Menu option- Help -> Create Support message', on the F4

help for 'Components', i want to bring up our some custom components (Ex: 'Z' components) in

the F4 help value list. How can i acheive that?

Thanks & Regards

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit,

SAP Solution Manager Service Desk does not support custom components.

The "key" phrase being SUPPORT, as any software can be customized.

"The component hierarchy was updated via a custom program which allows the ability to upload a user-defined component hierarchy which can replace the delivered hierarchy or add to it. Additional functionality was included to allow the reset the hierarchy to its delivered state by downloading the most recent version using standard tools."

I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

I am looking for that Custom Program .

Any logic/steps to build that kind of custom program will be helpful.

Thanks

Mohit Dharmak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Does any one have clue for this question ?

Thanks

Mohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmak,

Its very much possible but you need to customize it accordingly.

Check Page number 8 of [THIS DOC|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c009c947-221d-2c10-e9ab-f8ad69acb99b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

This is the resolution of your problem.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the document, but the document just states that they have achieved enhancing component hierarchy, but how they have achieved that ( Customization steps / Custom program code) nothing is in the document.

Can you please provide some more details regarding this.

Thanks

Mohit Dharmak

Edited by: Dharmak Mohit on Apr 17, 2010 11:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmak,

I am not a developer so might not be able to help you , but i was able to track this much info hope it will help you.

List is updated regularly using

Job: SM:GET CSN COMPONENTS

Report: DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENTS

Tables used are:

dswpcsncomptxt CSN-component keys texts

dswpcsncompquest CSN-component specific questions

dswp_csncomp CSN-component keys

Please check above and try to customize as per need.

You might want to share your experience once done, so it can help others.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan

Thanks for the great information.

I had earlier implemented this, by adding entries (Custom component hierarchy) in tables 'dswp_csncomp' and 'dswpcsncomptxt, it works fine when we create service desk message from, Workcenter OR transaction 'NOTIF_CREATE', all custom components are visible in components F4 help.

But the same doesn't replicate when i try to create a message from 'Menu option - Help -> Create support message'.

My requirement is to bring custom component in Component F4 help, when i create a message from 'Menu option - Help -> Create support message' as well.

I have try to debug the program and found that this F4 help uses completely different sets of Tables like TTREE, TNODE01, DL14L , DF14T ...etc to build the component hierarchy. But how the entries are maintained in these tables ( Any, Transaction/ Customization Step/ Program ), that i am not able to find yet.

Please provide if you have more information regarding this.

Thanks

Mohit Dharmak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmak,

Can you please let me know how I can create custom components to be seen from Sol man? I tried adding entries to the 2 tables you mentioned, but it wouldnt show up, or i dont know in which hierarchy would it show up.. how do i create the hierarchy? eg: a new hierarchy ZZ, with custom components Z_NW_LAN etc.

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharmak, never mind. I got it created myself. thanks though!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehfil

I have a question for you though. Are the 'Z' components are visible in components F4 help when you create message from Menu options -> Help -> Create support message ?. If yes, please let me know how you did that.

Thanks

Mohit Dharmak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Mohit. For us, the Z components only need to show up for creating messages through NOTIF_CREATE. No, it does not show on Help>Create on the satellite systems. We dont need it as we are using it for third party systems and not SAP. I can see from your earlier posts that you are trying to accomplish this.. sorry, at the moment i dont know how to do it. If I get any info, I shall surely post.

Thanks,

Mehfil

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create your Z development classes for your Z objects, you can assign a standard SAP Component for them, if you wish, and then this component will show up in the Create Message screen when you run the Z program or transaction. You can check that standard SAP packages have an Application Component assigned.

If you don't want to use the standard components or can't separate based on packages, there is a user-exit SBCOS001 or BADI SBCOS001 for Basis releases 6.10, 6.20 and higher (method PREPARE_FEEDBACK_BO). Then you can create your own code to read your own SAP components or have your Z objects assigned to standard SAP Components to allow the automatic assignment. You may need to use a z table for that. Then you don't touch the standard tables.

Regards,

Raquel

Edited by: Raquel Cunha on May 27, 2010 6:45 PM