cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem changing sld data supplier slddsuser to new userid in VA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing lockouts with slddsuser in the SLD so I planned to change all fo the userid's under sld data suppliers to a unique userid for each client. I created a copy of user slddsuser in solution manager and made sure in the UME the new userid's had all of the same security. When I change the userid in sld data supplier in the J2EE the HTTP fails with a 403 http error. The CIM test also fails. The message says to verify the gateway and that the sld service is running which they are since I can change the userid back to slddsuser and everything works fine. What am I missing for security on the SLD side the new users are exactly the same as the slddsuser that works find??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was the rights of the new data supplier specific user created in the same way as SLDDSUSER - ideally belonging to the same Data Supplier group?

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the rights are the same in both UME and on the ABAP side. I don't have a specific group set up for the data suppliers in the UME I assigned the roles

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One reason why no other user will work is because you would likely have to create any new users for each data supplier in the target SLDs UME

Actually I noticed in another thread a useful suggestion - its possible one of the data suppliers reflects the wrong password

or an old password for SLDDSUSER this could be causing the lock - unfortunately there is no easy way to identify this

- perhaps you could check the SLD logs (now and in future) and/or increase the trace level to diagnose

Best wishes

Stuart

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would definately see if there are any RFC or HTTP experts that could establish a reason for the lockouts

- indeed I would check that SLDDSUSER is not defined in any other connections (to SLD or within the landscape in general)

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you logon to the SLD using this user???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can sign into the SLD with the new userid. This new userid has been set up in the UME of the SLD server exactly like the slddsuser id but when I change the userid and password in one of the clients in Visual administrator I get the HTTP 403 error. I know the SLD is active and the gateway is up because if I change the userid back to slddsuser it works fine.