cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Results Recording - Valid Samples = 2, Defects are doubled

Former Member
0 Kudos

I carried out results recording - there were 13 characteristics and 7 of them failed. In the Record Usage Decision screen 14 Defects are shown (instead of 7) and under the Characteristics tab, it shows 2 valid samples for each characteristics.

The result is that these increased defects are causing some confusion and 2 duplicate notifications are being created when the usage decision is made and the lot is saved. Can anyone help explain why this is happening, and how I can make it stop doubling?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

Are you using inspection points?

7 times defect record created for 7 different inspection points

if it is yes... then system will create defect line for each time and one for MIc & each inspection point valuation also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami, I have one inspection point (Equipment) with 7 failed characteristics. What would the math be for that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know what causes this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see below SAP explanation.

Note: The defect record is generated as a result of a valuation rule. This rule determines whether a defect record is to be created and if so, which code is to be used for the record. Since the valuation rules are stored as function modules in Customizing, you can adapt the way defect records are generated and their contents without having to make a program change.

Example: If you record results for samples, inspection points, etc., the system creates a defect record with the assignment inspection lot/operation/inspection characteristic, each time an inspection characteristic is refected. In addition, the standard system creates an additional defect record for the inspection lot/operation/sample (or inspection point, physical sample, equipment). This is, however, not always advisable. You can use the SapNet - R/3 Frontend note 107223/1998 to ensure that this additional defect record is not created. You achieve this by storing your own valuation module (or by changing an existing one) in Customizing.

I hope the above explains why you got 14 defect records for 7 rejections.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram: Thanks very very much - I just read your reply now - i'll go try it now!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You issue of generating many notification for same lot can be resolved, pl do following :

Go to QM >> Quality Inspection >> maintain inspection type >> select the inspection type say 01 0r 04 and view details .>> in 'Inspection results ' details you will see Notification type assigned, in front of that there is field ' one quality notification per insp lot' just tick this there will be single notification generated per lot.

There is a chance that some body already might have recorded the results once.

See it works this way, enter the result recording if MIC is failed then while closing MIC notification is automatically generated, put the details if you put 2 separate defects per one MIC then there will be 14 defects.For other MIC if there is defect again same notification is opened and you can add defects in same notification.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shekhar, yes I am aware of this config setting. However, I have one Equipment (I'm using type 14) attached to this lot. I was hoping to have 1 notification for each 1 equipment. So that if I had 2 machines assigned, (two inspection points) I would then have 2 notifications. But because of what is happening, 1 equipment is making 2 notifications, and 2 pieces of equipment would make 4 notifications. Did you get my point?