cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to extract number of records from MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have question.

I am really very very new to MDM.

Want to know, is there any way that i can extract 200 records at a time from MDM?

One of my friend told me that there are just two ways to extract records from MDM.

1) whole data at a time

2) 1 record in 1 file at a time.

Can anybody tell me is this possible or not?

Thanks,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what other delimiter i can use in multivalue field? and how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

As per my understanding by default Multi-valued delimiter shown in MDM Data Manager can't be changed. But during Import you can select many delimiter for multi-valued source file, In MDM Import Manager, Go to configuration options-->Navigate to Default Value delimiters -->Property Multivalued . Select the delimiters from drop down list as per your source file like , | ; etc.

Similarly in Data Manager too we do have this option in configuration options-->Navigate to Import Export->Multi-Value Delimiter.

This is useful if you do import and export of file using MDM Data Manager only. For this you can select any of Multi-value delimiter from drop down in Configuration options and then go to File-->Export of Text. This will have exactly same delimiter as given by you in Configuration options of MDM Data Manager.

For Syndicating, if you want to set any other delimiter as we don't have this property in Configuration options of MDM Syndicator, you can follow the approach as given in the below thread.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM Hirarchical parameter set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hetal

This is very much possible in MDM

1. Extract any number of records using syndication as explained above.

2. Export the selected records from Data manager using file-> Export to Excel option. You can even select which fields you want to be exported.

best regards

Ravi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

I think you friend has worked on very initial version of MDM (MDM 5.5 SP04). Just for your information MDM 5.5 is out of main stream maintainence and current version of MDM is 7.1 SP04.

Now (i guess starting with MDM 5.5 SP05), there is one new property "Maximum Records per output file" added in Syndicator component of MDM.

This property is in Map Properties Tab of Syndicator. You can set some numeric value here for example 200, And your output files will have maximum 200 records. For example suppose you have 500 records in the repository, and you set "Maximum Records per Output File" as 200 then there will be 3 files, 2 containing 200 records each and last one with 100 records.

Hope this solves your question.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiv,

I dont have access to the MDM system.

But i sent your reply to one of our MDM Guy and he replied saying, our MDM version is MDM 5.5 SP6.

And his response is :

I am not able to create a repeatable node for multi-valued fields per the MDM documentation.

Note >> The ability to syndicate each value of a multi-valued field to a repeating element is not currently supported in MDM.

Is there any other solution?

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I am not able to create a repeatable node for multi-valued fields per the MDM documentation.

It depends how you have implememented Multi-Valued Field.

If Multi-valued field is Look-up Flat, then you will get all entries in a single line separated by comma (you can configure other delimter too).

But if the Multi-valued field is defined as Qualified look-up tables, you can easily get repeating nodes for multivalued.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amir.

As per his reply.

The lookup is hierarchical, but it is not qualified.

I am not sure that its possible in Hierarchical or not.

Can you please guide in that?

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amir,

Can you tell me in multivalued field how can i set other delimeter than comma?

Thanks,

Hetal