cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart sync between Non unicode R/3 and Unicode WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if the following backend and WAS configurations work for Smart Sync

ERP/SCM

a) Operation system version – AIX 5.3

b) OS 32 bit or 64 bit? – 64 bit

c) Unicode or Non-Unicode – Non Unicode

All other systems, Portal, XI, MI etc

d) Operation system version – AIX 5.3

e) OS 32 bit or 64 bit? – 64 bit

f) Unicode or Non-Unicode – Unicode

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Mixed mode between Non-Unicode and Unicode systems is not supported in MI.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

But where is the problem? The MI server is a box of its own. You access other systems via RFC.

Saying that a mixed mode is not possible would mean that SAP cannot communicate via RFC between unicode and non-unicode systems.

Is someone from SAP reading this and could comment on it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja

ERP with AIX as OS and MI with windows

would work . i am not sure of others

bye

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

We have just installed several systems with the character: WebAS Unicode - Backend system no unicode.

Actual we have no problems with installations. Unfortunately we found a note of SAP which says, that this combination is not recommended.

Our technicans says this combination should be possible. We postet now an OSS Call for this issue. I let you now the answer from SAP till I have them.

Regards,

Claudine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also be very interested in the answer to this question as we are having the same problem.

The official release restrictions for MI 2.5 state "no mixed mode support between foreign unicode and unicode systems".

The original text is in German and the word used would be the reverse translation of "foreign" to German. It could be also interpreted in a "non-unicode" meaning.

I could imagine that if you are only working with non-unicode characters in a mixed scenario everything will work fine anyhow.

Maybe SAP has just put this restriction there to avoid someone screaming because his Japanese characters do not appear in his Dutch R/3....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having a R/3 non unicode system in the backend and a unicode MI server.

We have a requirement where we have to display the data on to the MI client for japanese user in japanese language.In the middleware i m able to see the data in Japanese language(worklist monitor) but on to the client its coming as "???????????? " .I m logging on to the client with japanese launguage.Please suggest if some settings needs to be done on to tyhe client side or middleware to enable the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

The current setup will not work. You will have to have Unicode Middleware if the backend is Unicode if the Japaneese characters needs to be supported.

Also replication will not happen for T01/T51 Syncbos due to this as it will result in duplicate R3keys error. Even if replication will take place, japaneese charachters will be shown as junk.

Thanks...

Preetham S