cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan Basic Config - User Data and BW client

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

We have upgraded our Solman from 3.2 to 7.0 ehp1. I'm currently working through the solman_setup transaction and am now at the User Data piece.

Because this is an upgrade and not a new install, some of the users it is asking for already exist in the system. I am ok with a couple of them where I know the user and password, for example SAPSUPPORT. I'm a little unclear about the S-User for SAP-Backend entry.

We do have SAP-OSS and other RFC connections configured using an existing S-User. Is this the S-User being prompted for?

In addition, I'd rather not have a separate BW client. Therefor if I leave both the Client and System check boxes unchecked, will it default to the solman client (100)?

Thanks for helping me understand what is being asked for here.

Laurie McGinley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurie,

SAPSUPPORT is just a suggestion of SOLMAN_SETUP. You may use any username you like and thus predefine your passwd.

You can also connect your external BI System to SolMan

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

> We do have SAP-OSS and other RFC connections configured using an existing S-User. Is this the S-User being prompted for?

Yes, it assumes that you don't have SAP-OSS connection established yet for DSWP, so here it's going to create for you.

> In addition, I'd rather not have a separate BW client. Therefor if I leave both the Client and System check boxes unchecked, will it default to the solman client (100)?

The default BW client is 001 if you haven't changed table RSADMINA content, usually you could just use the BW client of this Solution Manager instance. Don't leave it blank, check the client box and fill the fields of logon credentials.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have no client 001 it will go to your default (100?) client.....

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

So it sounds like I want to have it, or use it, from Solution Manager client, which is client 100. So if I make the appropriate check boxes and specify client 100 then it should use the BW in Solman client? I think that is how I understand your responses.

Thanks

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurie,

Your understanding is perfect, that if you give 100 client in box this client will be used as BI client.

But make sure you have to change BI/BW client from 001 to 100 as default BI/BW client is 001 in any SAP system.

But its not recommended to change the BW client in case of solution manager , so request you to use solman client 001 only for all BI related tasks.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal