Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC-> XI ->Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am referring to the following blogs:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

I created the RFC destination, also made the settings in the sender RFC adapter, when am testing the RFC destination,its working fine.

Did all the settings in the repository and the directory.

But when am testing the created Function Module in se37 it is giving a run time dump.

Can any one please help me out.

Thnx.

Pravesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When am testing the scenario, am getting a dump :

call to messaging system failed: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException:

In the Runtime Workbench : in message monitoring

am getting error status in "SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: No such operation 'getDistanceRequest'" .

Please help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

getDistanceRequest - check if this operation is available in ur WSDL.Could be a simple issue..Else reimport the WSDL from the Webservice as EDD and remap and retest.

Message was edited by: Sriram Vasudevan

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its getDistance not getDistanceRequest.

give the same in your SOAP action

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The scenario is working.

Thank you all for help.

I have awarded the points.

Shabarish , for diffrent kind of webservices , how to get the exact xsd for the request and response messages.

Please provide inputs on this.

Thnx.

Pravesh.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actually in this case when i tested the WSDL in XML spy with a SOAP request i got the response structure which was diff. from the message in the WSDl. so i had to make a similar structure (the xsd in the blog) to get the response back into XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in the note(Q 26.) , along with RFC call the system id and the client are send along with request,

is there any way to retrieve those values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the note, verified all the settings, my sender service(business system) is same as the sending system.

Still the same dump persists.

Please help me out.

Thnx.

Pravesh.

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh

It seems you have done well .Earlier i had the same problem I overcome that by this way.I would like to suggest you one thing here that is instead of executing the function module in SE37.

Execute this By writing SE38 Program .Call the required function module in this program..

exe:CALL FUNCTION 'ZDEE_V100' in background task destination 'FTP TEST'

FTP_TEST is your RFC Destination Type T.

try this you can close this issue.

thanks

Prasad Babu Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I created the RFC destination, also made the settings

> in the sender RFC adapter, when am testing the RFC

> destination,its working fine.

Hi pravesh,

i am not able to configure Sender RFC in XI which would take RFC calls from my R/3 SAP system.

The Technical System & business system that i have created for my R/3 are of type Web As ABAP ( Is this the right option ?) what have u created them as for your r/3 system ?

I am also not getting any Adapter Engine in the drop down while configuring Sender RFC channel in XI (Is this of any significance ) Are you getting any value in that drop down

I basically get error saying Program Id not registered, what might be the reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following is what am getting in the dump:

What happened?

Error in ABAP application program.

The current ABAP program "ZTESTWEB" had to be terminated because one of the

statements could not be executed.

This is probably due to an error in the ABAP program.

The error occurred in an RFC call to another system.

The target system has also written a short dump.

Consult this short dump for more precise information about

the cause of the error.

RFC status: " "

RFC error text: " "

CPI-C error text: "alternativeServiceIdentifier: party/service from channel

configuration are not equal to party/service from lookup of alternative"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please a look at the SPA note: 730870

Q 26: During sending a RFC call to a sender channel the following error message comes up in the sending SAP system: 'alternativeServiceIdentifier: party/service from channel configuration are not equal to party/service from lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier...' What does this mean?

A: When the RFC call is send from the SAP system to the RFC sender channel the SYS-ID and the Client of the sending system are also transfered. During processing of this RFC call the sender channel does a lookup for these values in the Integration Direcory (partyless service, alternative identifiers for RFC) to find the XI service which correspond to the SYS-ID and Client.

The sender channel itself is located beneath a partyless XI service. If this XI service and the one found via the lookup are not equal the described error is issued.

This situation indicates a wrong configuration either within XI or the sending SAP system. Each SAP system (a combination of SYS-ID and Client) should have a corresponding partyless service within the XI Integration Directory. Also for each client in one SAP system at least one unique 'Program ID' is needed (see Q22).

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i access these notes

SPA note: 730870, etc

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you ellaborate more ?

what does the dump say ?

PS : Have a follow up - >