cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service confirmation can not post 'confirmation', greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For Service Confirmation the service end date needs to be met before an actual confirmation can be posted? When the service is to be performed from 01-01-2010 - 01-07-2010 the confirmation can only be posted after the end date of 01-07-2010 has been met?

Kind regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

I'm sorry but as it seems my issue is not related to the 'normal' service order > po scenario. For these types of service request i can post confirmations. I think i couldn't in the past but AS IS i can now.

For the scenario service request -> RFx -> PO no confirmation (create with reference) can be done. Do you also have this same issue? Notice the 'service request' po-items are of itemtype 'material' in our system while the expected item type should from my point of view be 'service' (i'm already posting an OSS msg for that). Could this have anything to do with the fact that i can not post a confirmation for these items?

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Apr 19, 2010 5:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the scenario service request -> RFx -> PO no confirmation (create with reference) can be done. Do you also have this same issue? Notice the 'service request' po-items are of itemtype 'material' in our system while the expected item type should from my point of view be 'service'

In our PDP scenario, we dealed with "materials" only, meaning no item cateogry "D" (real service) from ECC is involved. But we also tried to "fake" services by manipulating the item in SRM. In your case, in SRM, are the product_type consistently "01" (material) in all the document flow, e.g. RFx, PO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

The 'service request' i'm discussing hasn't come from our PDP scenario. A confirmation for our PDP procurement service items can be posted.

The service request i can not create a confirmation for is created via the proffesional SC transaction:

Purchasing -> Purchasing -> Create SC -> add item 'service request' -> Post/RFx -> publish RFx -> accept bid response -> convert bid response in to purchase order.

I've looked up whether these items are of type 'service' or 'material' during the process. I've concluded the following:

SC -> service

RFx -> service

Purchase Order -> Material (except for header/outline, that one is service)

I've come to a new conclusion Jay. I can post service confirmation aswell for the 'service request' but only via the 'purchase order' POWL. I can not post a service confirmation for a service request via the Shoppingcart POWL, while the SC is listed and i've created and am registered on the SC as the recipient. I've already found a part of the possible cause aswell, the PO created from the PO is not listed in the 'tracking' tab. I'll post an OSS message for this aswell.

Thank you for answering my service confirmation query, whether the enddate needs to have been met.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE:

I didn't see your latest response before I posted mine. Here is my question after reading it:

Purchase Order -> Material (except for header/outline, that one is service)

How did you come across this? In my case below, the service item's "product_type" was consistently "02" for service. For your outline item (itm_type = HIER), that should not have a product_type, because it should be neither material or service.

===================================================

It took a while, but I have managed to re-create the scenario with service item (item category D in ECC). My document flows like this: (ECC) purchase requisition -> (SRM) SC -> RFx -> RFx Response -> PO -> Confirmation (attempt)

The "create with reference" / "Confirmation" is also grayed out for me.

I will give you an update on further analysis a bit later.

Edited by: Jay Yang on Apr 19, 2010 9:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

The item type is indeed HIER, but if you open the Hierarchy outlines details the 'item data' tab will tell you that the item type is 'service'. The included subitems are all of type 'material' while 'service' is expected.

Hmm i've taken another look and as it seems for the 'service request' SC items they are already initially added to the SC with itemtype 'material'. A service request item should be of type 'service' but this can not be changed. I guess that's where my po being of type 'material' issue resides.

Jay, is it 'standard SAP' that if the purch.req/SC via an RFx results in a Purchase Order a confirmation via the SC powl can be posted but can only be posted via the PO powl? I suppose our only answer will be OSS message? I've tried looking up an existing 'material' SC -> RFx -> PO scenario to see whether i could post an confirmation via SC powl but couldn't find one now. This would merge down whether this is all SC -> RFx -> PO scenario's related or if it's only related to service items

I've checked and for all SC/Purch Req. -> RFx -> PO scenario's no confirmation can be posted via the SC powl. This seems strange to me, what do you think?

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Apr 19, 2010 7:20 PM

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Apr 19, 2010 7:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE:

I must have overthought it. In my case, the resaon not being able to create the confirmation is simply that the PO went into Error in Process status.

============================================

is it 'standard SAP' that if the purch.req/SC via an RFx results in a Purchase Order a confirmation via the SC powl can be posted but can only be posted via the PO powl?

No. I don't believe so. There are several options to create confirmation with PO reference - from SC POWL, from Create Confirmation -> Search (with PO number), from PO POWL. But they should essentially go through the same business logic that resides in one of the FM BBP_PO_LISTSEL_*. I'd say it is a problem is you see some option activated but some not.

With my experiment, I was a bit lost in a big chunk of logic that eventually filtered out my PO when trying to create confirmation. I would need to look much closer. I will do it though.

Edited by: Jay Yang on Apr 19, 2010 2:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Have you been able to check with this already? I've posted and created an OSS msg, let's see what they'll come back with aswell.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE:

Due to our practice here, i.e. only material, no service, there are customized checks in the backend which are failing because I was trying to transfer a service PO to ECC. At this point I kind of give up.

For the scenario service request -> RFx -> PO no confirmation (create with reference) can be done

I am reasonably confident that this option should be activated for service POs, as long as the PO is in "Ordered" status. In your case, are the POs in Ordered status and the backend POs are also created?

Set a breakpoint in

Class: /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_PO_STAT_HELPER

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_STATIC_HELPER~GET_STATIC_ACTIONS

and try to debug this method when you start the search for PO in POWL.

================================

I am still failing to replicate the PO to backend due to tax jurisdiction issue. I will update you once I get the PO out of the "Error In Process" status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

The 'not being able to post a confirmation' goes for all SC -> RFx -> PO scenario's, not just service items.

Both the 'professional' and 'employee' shoppingcart POWL's do not allow us to post any confirmation for SC's sourced via an RFx (SC -> RFx -> PO scenario). In addition the confirmation can not be posted via opening the shoppingcart document either. There is no 'create confirmation' action button available for these SC documents sourced via RFx -> PO.

Via the PO-POWL (professional user) a confirmation can be posted for the same SC's that the SC-POWL does not allow us to post a confirmation for. It does not mather whether the SC contains 'service' or 'material' items neither the does it mather whether sourcing took place via 'RFx' or 'Auction' functionality.

In my case the PO are created correctly in both SRM and in the back-end system (extended classic), status ordered.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some more tests and went through the codes more carefully this time. I can confirm what you found out - the scenario (and hopefully the only scenario) that does not work for "create confirmation" is the combination of 1) ECS; 2) SC->RFx->Quot->PO; and 3) from SC POWL. And I have also searched the notes and applied a couple of them. But none helped. Maybe an OSS message is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

I did post an OSS message already. I've even already recieved the following response:

Query :

Title: SRM 7.0 SP 5 system - No Confirmation on SC for PO sourcing via RFx can be created. SC-POWL function 'create with reference' is greyed out.

Update from SAP :

Please apply note: 1444291 and check system behavior again. Besides, notes:1435570 1409181 1436643 are also recommended.

I've looked at these notes and from what my basis team told me notes that apply to newer SP's cannot be applied, f.e. i'm on SP05 i can only apply SP06 notes. So basically there isn't anything to do about it except for applying the latest SP's.

Thanks for all the inputs and help you have given Jay.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two pieces of information for your consideration:

1) I have applied note 0001444291 (we are on SP6, so all the prerequisites are there). It didn't resolve the problem.

2)

...notes that apply to newer SP's cannot be applied, f.e. i'm on SP05 i can only apply SP06 notes.

This is not my understanding, athough it is a safe approach. When you apply a note, sometimes more than 1 SP level higher than your existing SP, through SNOTE, the system would let you know if the correction could be applied, mainly by comparing the source code (of your system and the source code recorded in the note's correction instruction). If not, the "repair" would be more complicated and shown in a yellow or even red icon next to each object that needs to be corrected.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Service Confirmation the service end date needs to be met before an actual confirmation can be posted

I don't believe so. The button being grayed out has more to do with the PO status and user authorization. If you copy the PO and only change the item so that it turns into a material item, would you be able to see the "create with reference -> confirmation" (I am assuming this is the dropdown/button you were talking about) being activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Apr 19, 2010 5:00 PM