cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing toolbars from ITS MOBILE screens for LM01

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this originally posted in the Mobile section of this forum but I did not get any replies. I am thinking that this is the correct forum for this

____________________________________________________________________________________________

We are implementating the ITSMOBILE process and we are having issues with the screen size. the user has reported: "The buttons don't all fit on the screen, which creates some awkward scroll bars on the side. ". we have been looking thru the SDN and could fine only 1 post that reads as follows: " The following parameters work when you generate your templates with mobile4 generation stlye and can be used to fit your screen elemetns to the size of the rf device.

~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITS px

~ITSMOBILE1UNITWIDTH 6

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

since this post we have found that It works better if we create the templates with "webgui". we are still having issue with the screen size and are trying to reomve the toolbars at the top of the screens. we have found the option ~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR and are trying different variables but nothing is happening to the toolbars. they are displaying the same no matter what variable we code for this.

is this the right parameter to use to reove the toolbars at the top?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timothy,

Please see note 1010519 for the usage of the ~webgui_simple_toolbar parameter.

In general though, I would recommend using the ITS Mobile generator for your mobile services.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

edgar

thanks for the response

I have looked at note 1010519. I am not sure what the ITS mobile generator is and who is to do this. The basis person has built the ITSMOBILE process. I am the developer that is creating the templates from the screens in the programs. we were using the "mobile devices (without HTML tables)" when creating the templates but we found that the screens were to big for the RF guns. we switched to "WEBGUI" and "business HTML" because the screens looked better. the problem with this is the toolbars at the top take up alot of space and causing the screens to scroll. we are trying to remove the toolbars and we think that the user will be happy with the screens. I found the parameter webgui_simple_toolbar in the note 1010519 and were trying to get it to work but could not. I found out that we are on netweaver 2004 so this parameter will not work.

is there another way to get the toolbars off of the screen? should we be doing something different to get the screens to display correctly on the RF guns?

thanks for the help on this

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timothy,

I'm not sure what you're currently doing to display your mobile pages using webgui and businessHTML means. Are you generating templates at all for your services or are the pages being generated dynamically? For mobile usage you really should be generating templates using one of the ITS mobile generators, the one you mentioned is fine, "mobile devices (without HTML tables)". If the screen is too wide than there are notes covering this topic, like 1242897 will help in reducing the overall size of the page. There are other notes regarding size of the screen depending on your BASIS sp and kernel.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

edgar

we are generating the templates. we were using the mobile devices (without HTML tables) but the fields on the screens were to big. this was casuing the scroll bars to appear. we re-created the templates using the webgui and the business HTML options and they appear to be displaying on the guns fine. the only thing that we wanted to corrrect was the remove the toolbars from the top of the screens. we ust found some notes that we are looking at and most likely will try. 1119053, 1119052, and 1128698. these talk about

Apply note 1128698 which introduces new screen format : 16X20ITS

Assign your RF-user to the newly created screen format 16X20ITS(in customizing or using LM00 transaction)

run the attached Z_ADD_ITS_SCREEN report to link the new screens with the new format in table T3130C (for release 46C, please use Z_ADD_ITS_SCREEN_46C.txt file).

I will post the results that we get

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar

we have applied the 3 OSS notes 1119053, 1119502, and 1128698. I have also re-created the templates using the generating style "Mobile devices (without HTML tables)". we are waiting for the user to get back to us on the tresting of the screens using the RF GUN but we have noticed tht the text inside the box is larger that the box. we are not sure if this will show on the gun in the same way or if it will be okay.

do you have any ideas on whay this would be happening and if so, do you know of a fix for this?

thanks for the help on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar

we have corredt the issue with the large text appearing in the boxes. there is a parameter ~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR that we have set to 7. once we changed this to 10, the text was appearing correctly in the box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar

is there a way to control the size of the screen as it appears on the gun. our user is mentioning that the screen is scrolling up and down

is there a parameter that we can use that would control this?

thanks

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timothy,

If you're sure the screen should fit on one page then please see note 1242897 for ways to reduce the overall page size. But if the screen contains enough elements to make a vertical scroll necessary than the best thing to do is to remove some elements...or live with a vertical scroll.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar

thanks for the information

I looked at the OSS note 1242897. this note looks like it deals with horizontal issues. we can control the horizontal with the ~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR parameter.

our problem is that the screen is to big vertically.

we are using the standard LM01 and some of the screens are scrolliing up and down.

we are using the webconsole process in production but we need to go Ito TSMOBILE due to some other issues. in production, the screens do not scroll. we were hoping to get the ITSMOBILE to behave the same way.

any other ideas?

thanks..

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timothy,

Is there empty space available so that all of the screen elements could be displayed vertically without a scroll? If so, please open a support message with screenshots and a description of what you would like or the screen program and number so that we can attempt to reproduce it internally.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

edgar

thanks for the response. I have started the customer message to SAP and I am waiting for some information from our BASIS person so that I can finish it. there are some questions on the message that need his information

Answers (0)