cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Users In NW Roles from MII

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using 12.1. Is there an easy way from MII to get a list of all the users that are in an SAP NW role? For example, if a certain event occurs I want to e-mail everyone in a particular role from an MII transaction. How do I get the list of users that are in the role?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The UME editor in NW CE is quite easy to use, but you can get them via MII similar to versions past, and you can search the forum for 'UserList' and 'RoleList'

/XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=RoleList

/XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=UserList&Group=SAP_XMII_Administrator

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Thanks for the help. This almost gets me there. If I do this

http://servernamehere/XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=RoleList&Content-Type=text/xml

from a browser it works fine (I see XML that has what I need). If I do the same thing from an XML Loader action in an MII transaction I get the following error:

"The markup in the document following the root element must be well formed." "XML Document cannot be loaded."

I need to be able to get to this info from within a transaction.

Thanks,

Mike

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Jermey,

Never mind that last post. It works with an XML Query action (instead of an XML Loader action).

Thanks for your help.

-Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like SDN blew up - I deleted a boat load of stutter posts...

To clarify, you're likely getting the login page syntax (which is html and not well formed xml) - use this in your XMLLoader:

server://XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=RoleList&Content-Type=text/xml

Then setup a credential alias and use it to avoid the need for appending credentials to the URL.

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Works great. Thanks!

Answers (0)