Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup logs were not recognised by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

hope all are doing fine.

We are running the Backups in XI landscape by using IBM Tivoli manager. all the Online backups and the Archive files backups were succesfull. but the thing is i am unable to see the backup logs in DB12.

Now my question is what are all the configurations i need to perfrom to get the data regarding the Backups in SAP system.

do i need to add any parameter in init<SID>.sap file or is there any specific configuration which can help me to resolve the issue.

Any ideas will be heighly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance and Have a great weekend ahead.

-Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have integrated IBM's tool with SAP, If not then you can not see logs in SAP.

In Case you have configured backup using DB13 only , the only option you can not see logs is if you have database server on different host or have some auth problem.

Also mention exact error message you are getting in DB12.

In case of distributed system(CI+DB) you can check some note for getting solution.

Please revert after checking above mentioned options.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the permissions on the backup and archive directory correctly set? The sap adm user needs read access on these directories and files.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Permissions looks fine to me.. its having 755.

Please have a look at the below permissions

drwxr-xr-x 2 orax6d dba 4096 Nov 4 08:16 sapbackup

drwxr-xr-x 3 orax6d dba 12288 Feb 2 16:10 oraarch

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Are the file permissions OK as well? If the permission of brbackup/brarchive is wrong, than the backup files are being written with permissions that cannot be read by SAP.

In order to fix this, you can run the saproot.sh script from the kernel directory.

Kind regards,

Mark