Hi

We have a SAP landscape with 3 systems:

PAD (Development)

PAQ (Quality Assurance)

PAP (Production)

We have also an XI landscape with 2 systems:

XID (Development)

XIP (Production)

Each one is a Windows Server, and this systems were installed in a Windows Domain.

As a result, the following users were automatically defined in the Domain:

<SAPSID>)adm

SAPService<SAPSID>

Now we are going to change all of our servers to another Domain, and in the new domain we canu2019t have the same user names (security name's policy).

We have to use the following names:

SYSVWNV<SAPSID> instead of <SAPSID>adm

SYSVWNA<SAPSID> instead of SAPService<SAPSID>

Does SAP allow to change the names of this users?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

In the same way, It's possible changes this domain users for local users (and then I needn't change name user) and How?

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In the same way, It's possible changes this domain users for local users (and then I needn't change name user) and How?

The only supported was to do that is doing a homogeneous system copy:

Note 1233320 - Domain migration for SAP system

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think It's possible, but not supported. You have to create the local users with the same environment variables, local security rights and local user group and with sapstartsrv.exe uninstall and install service with the local users. You have to grant access to the database to the local users and be careful with the tms and share directorys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I think so It's better no change names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My advice is to NOT change the SAP standard users. We used to do it in the past but reversed to standard with the new sapinst. It is possible but you have to modify manually XML install files. It is a mess and you have a good chance to not be able to reinstall your system. You will also loose SAP support for system user related problems.

Good luck if you try !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My First Answer is No and and please dont do this .

I dont think SAP will support.

But Still if you want to go you have to perform lot of R&D specific to your OS.

Most probably you want to look [HERE|http://www.dataxstream.com/2009/08/changeuidsidadm/]

But Still we suggest not to change <sidadm> user id .

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since a domain changes implies a system copy you can then also change the users/SIDs.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<SAPSID>)adm

SAPService<SAPSID>

both user in not rlelated of domain so if u have requard name change ,first change sap system SID name is automatic chenged .

regard

priya