cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of vendor - BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Got a question about the update of a vendor.

We're using BBP_VENDOR_SYNC in order to sync the vendor data. However, in one case we want to overrule the default communication method. How to do this?

We've implemented BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP. We've customized method PREPARE_UPDATE_DATA in order to update table BBP_SENDMEDIUM. But somehow it's not working as it should be.

We basically check the address number of the vendor. With this number we check if a certain telex number is used. If so we retrieve the partner guid and with this guid we want to update table BBP_SENDMEDIUM to medium FAX.

During debugging I can see that the table is modified to FAX. But when the program has ended the output medium is reset to another output medium.

Any ideas so far what we're missing?

Regards,

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T. Scholten,

Is there any strong reason why the communication method on the vendor master is not set as "FAX" and with the corresponding FAX numbers? If this can be done, this is standard SAP while synching the Vendor master data from ECC to SRM.

For any business reason if the communication method on the vendor master cannot be set as "FAX", then we have acheived the similar kind of result on the output medium "XML".

We have used the TELEX communication method (which was never being used in ECC for outputs) and wrote a custom program in SRM to pick the changes/create new vendors of the day and updating a custom table in SRM.

Case 01) For example Vendor A has print and is changed to telex would be picked up by the custom program and updates the custom table with the Vendor id and the communication method as "XML". The custom program continues and updates the table bbpm_but_frg0061 for the SEND_MEDIUM.

Case 02) Any existing TELEX vendor B is changed to Print or any other output mode would also picked by the program and deletes the entry in the custom table. The standard Vendor replication job should pick up the changes and set back the updated communication method.

The BBP_VENDOR_SYNC job is scheduled as an hourly background job for 23 times a day with a variant A (capturing the changes between the successive runs of the job) and the last job for the same program is scheduled with another variant B as a sweeper job to pick all the vendor changes during the day (just incase of any slipped vendors between the hourly jobs).

Hope this helps.

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have similar kinda issue where in vendor creation process in 4.7 systems i want to add onecommunication method INt which is not avaiable for one particular series of vendors like 3* series its for example.

Where to go and add that INT comunication method for that 3* vendor series. For other seris like 4* or 5* we have that INT communication method but only for 3* i dont have that method.

Kindly advice me

Thanks in advance

Kishore

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Made an enhanchement to BBP_VENDOR_GET_UPDATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies so far. They appear to be very usefull.

DV, the communication is not set to fax in ECC due to the fact that we use these vendors there as well.

We only use fax in SRM for a specific reason. To medium fax we've connected mail and xml output at the same time. Mail for the vendor and xml to generate/update a HR record in ECC.

With your info and that from Laurent I'll liaise with one of our ABAP consultants in order to update the function module.

Regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scholten,

I found an interesting report on SRM. you can use this report and looks like SAP has given an utility for mass change of communication methods in SRM itself. You can write a wrapper around it so that you can run this report via a custom program.

Report: BBP_UPDATE_PARTNER_PROT

I am not sure even why we missed it.

Please let me know if this works.

Thank You,

DV

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timo,

Correct BAdI for vendor communication method is BBP_SEND_MEDIUM_MODE.

Nevertheless, its unique method can be used only to switch to INT (E-mail) or PRN (Printer).

So, i think you will have to create an enhancement point in function modules BBP_VENDOR_GET_UPDATE and BBP_VENDOR_GET_NON_BAPI to update table BBP_SENDMEDIUM.

But, you will have also to maintain table BBPM_BUT_FRG0061 (see PERFORM set_send_medium_mode in MF BBP_VENDOR_GET_NON_BAPI - include LBBP_BUPA_VRF06 )

Regards.

Laurent.