cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY and SLD Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem between SMSY data and SLD Data, because when SMSY update data from SLD it changes and shows systems that doesn't exist, for example:

I declared a system named ABC, but when SMSY updates data from SLD it appears system ABC and system ABC_NABAP, I deleted that new system but it appears again.

In other hand I want to change some data and I can't, so in order to do it I use rigth click --> Other functions --> Set data source to manual, then it appears a message indicating you that it will not take data from SLD, but I don't know how to reverse that function, I mean, setting manual to data source again

Thanks in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime

What I also noticed is that you mention "I declared a system named ABC," --> In the SLD ? Manually ? - if you created this system manually in SLD it may not contain all aspects required by SMSY

What happens if you use SLD data suppliers (RZ70 and J2EE SLD Data Supplier HTTP) to register the system in SLD and then LANDSCAPE_FETCH across to SLD - the data suppliers populate ALL the information about a system

Also if you ever change a systems data source it could create inconsistencies - normally the original data source has to be remain the only source of creation or update for a system in SMSY

Best wishes

Stuart

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

The second system ABC_NABAP is being created because in the SMSY definition for ABC, you have not marked the JAVA

instance as relevent, and when the SLD sees the system ABC, and the JAVA instance is not Marked RELEVENT, it sees ABC as a different system entirely, so it creates the JAVA system it knows about the ABC_NABAP (Non-ABAP).

So the solution is to mark the Java instance as Relevent in SLD. Delete the ABC_NABAP from SMSY, and run your landscape_fetch job once again. This should resolve.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

It is possible to do it directly in SMSY???' I did it there and it "works", but it appears in databases, but, only for 2 systems, one of them have no JAVA and other one is a Portal

Do you know what happen there?

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Doing this directly through SMSY may work; however, you may find that SLD is the better way of doing this as it may update the SMSY at times.

Thanks,

Mark

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

I realized I said SLD when I meant SMSY, so you made the change in the right place.

When you say you have more systems that are affected would it be say you have system ABC, and after landsca[pe_fetch you have ABC00001? If this is what you are refering when you say you have systems with no Java?

Basically if any required definition in SMSY is missing, such as Installation number, Instance, Software Components, and Landscape fetch runs, if it can't match what is in the SLD to the system defined in SMSY it is going to create a system with the same first 3 characters and either a sequence number, or _NABAP appended, because SLD thinks its a different system.

SO the key here is to make sure the definitions in SMSY are totally completed and accurate. This way they will be updated by the SLD during Landscape_fetch, rather than have new systems created. I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

Check whether you have implemented note 1334252 in the latest version.

Please also check that you have configured your systems correctly as per note 987835.

There is a link and and an attachment in this note. Please check both.

This will help you to set your systems correctly in SMSY, to choose the correct Data Source(SLD, Manually, etc), the product.

Ensure that everything is correctly configured and you're retrieving data from the SLD.

Then please remove those systems which are not relevant(like these copies with _NABP) and check if when the LANDSCAPE FETCH job runs again it will duplicate again.

Regards,

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

Please also check the following notes which address the "_NABP" systems issue in SMSY:

1299281 SMSY: Systems created with _0001 or _NABP

1376733 SMSY: Indicator NO_ABAP_INCLUDED cleared

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Notes:

1299281 SMSY: Systems created with _0001 or _NABP --> I can't apply it via SNOTE

1376733 SMSY: Indicator NO_ABAP_INCLUDED cleared --> It was applied

It still the same

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jaime,

Initially ensure that the latest available solution manager support packs are installed here.

In order for Solution Manager to receive updated system information from the satellite systems via the job LANDSCAPE FETCH, the SLD server needs to be running and functioning correctly.

If SLD and the job LANDSCAPE FETCH are fine, could you please check in SLD under "installed Product" and ensure that the satellite information is correct ?

Also review the following SAP Notes to see if they will help you out:

942250 - SMSY: Copying instances from SLD

768452 - Troubleshooting SLDCHECK

964707 - SMSY(SLD): Database for JAVA systems writt

1052237 - SMSY(SLD): Incorrect server for database

982518 - SMSY: SLD returns application servers in lowercase letters

1017437 - SMSY(SLD): Several systems with the same SID

Hope this helps you out!\

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I checked your notes but I still have the same problem, I did't tell you, I have a Solution Manager with EHP1 SPS21.

Thanks!!!