cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict text input to scanned value only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario, A manufacturing company while billing products to the customers will scan the serial nos in the sale order. The serial numbers are wrongly typed during the manual entry.

Hence Business has implemented Bar Code scanning for scanning serial numbers. Still users are manually entering serial numbers,

To bring tight control in the process ... Business is asking to restrict the manual input and allow only Bar code scanning for serial number entry.

I have tried the below to implement the same:

The serial number field is made to display mode by making screen - input = 0.

Now the text field is brought to display mode. But unable to scan the data in that field .

Pl help if you have any idea on this.

Thanks in advance.

Sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done the same type of requirement in our company . We have used the HHT(Hand Hold Terminal ) to scan the bar-code.

But we are scanning the bar-code only from the packets while picking in the ware house. we have done config in mobile devices option in SPRO. Tell me one thing from where u r scanning the text if it is from the barcode then there is no problem. Otherwise do one thing to we have done the validation while scanning the barcode. IF the user entered any thing manual we are giving error.

Please tell me how u r scanning the text..

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thanks for your response.

I am scaning the barcode only. How did u restrict the user entering manually.

Pl. tell me that so that i can manage.

Thanks in advance,

Vidhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed