cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone clarify me on the below issue. I was using a particular vendor 05 for a logical " X" system and against a particular purchase org unit.

Now I have defined another root in the same org structure and with as the backend client got changed so the same above o5 vendor is present in this backend also.I wanted him to extend to this backend also with the same Purchase org.

This is SRM4.0 version. I have gone to BBPMAININT and in the orgunit I have given the new Purchasing org unit defined for the new struct. but still I am not able to see this vendor has been extended with this new logical system and new Purorg.

please clarify me.

Regards

Srujan K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srujan,

Don't understand your request.

Backend system linked to your SRM system has been changed ?

If yes, BDLS transaction must be run to change backend logical system linked to objects in SRM. So, no need to change the vendor logical system in BBPMAININT transaction (check logical system for your vendor in VENMAP table).

Nevertheless, don't forget to change backend logical system for Purchasing Organization and its Purchasing Groups in 'Function' tab from PPOMA_BBP transaction.

Purchasing organization was changed for your vendor 05 ?

Use BBPUPDVD transaction to update your vendor in SRM for its new R/3 purchasing organization.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Actually this was SRM 4.0 Version and I have the Root org node under that same node there is a company code node and under same node I have this suppliers node also point one backend system assuming" X" .

Now client has some problems in maintaining this "X" backend system so they have replaced this "X" backend with " Y"

So the required config for " Y" backend system to establish the connection between SRM and R/3 is done and Org struture is build respectively and another Root for suppliers is setup.

But then when I try to replicate the vendors using BBPGETVD system says this Business partner already exists and In the venmap table I can see this Vendor with Old SAP R/3 client.

So in the BBPMAININT I have gone and added the new Pur Org unit number and maintained the PO currecy , terms of payment and etc.

But still I am not able to find this vendor against the new R/3 client.

But somevendors are there who exists for both clients. I mean if a vendor A is there he will be displayed in the Venmap table with reference to " X" logical system as well as " Y" logical system also.

So If I wanted to make each or selected number of vendors to appear in the VenMap table against both the logical systems what shouild do?

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Regards

Srujan K

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

(...)

> Actually this was SRM 4.0 Version and I have the Root org node under that same node there is a company code node and under same node I have this suppliers node also point one backend system assuming" X" .

> Now client has some problems in maintaining this "X" backend system so they have replaced this "X" backend with " Y"

>(...)

So, unique backend is 'Y' ?

>

(...)

> So the required config for " Y" backend system to establish the connection between SRM and R/3 is done and Org struture is build respectively and another Root for suppliers is setup.

>(...)

Why did you ceate a new organizational unit root node for your suppliers ? You can use the existing one.

I don't have a SRM 4 release in front of me, so i don't remember if for the vendor root node you have a Backend logical system reference. If yes, just switch to the new one.

>

(...)

> But then when I try to replicate the vendors using BBPGETVD system says this Business partner already exists and In the venmap table I can see this Vendor with Old SAP R/3 client.

>

> So in the BBPMAININT I have gone and added the new Pur Org unit number and maintained the PO currecy , terms of payment and etc.

> But still I am not able to find this vendor against the new R/3 client.

>(...)

If you cannot extend your vendors from logical system LS1 to LS2 (i guess purchasing organization concerned has same code for both R/3 Backend - old one and new one) neither with BBPGETVD transaction nor BBPUPDVD, then run BBP_UPDATE_MAPPING transaction: here, fill-in frame to "Add/Change/Delete Backends" according to your need. All existing vendors will be updated.

>

(...)

> But somevendors are there who exists for both clients. I mean if a vendor A is there he will be displayed in the Venmap table with reference to " X" logical system as well as " Y" logical system also.

>

>So If I wanted to make each or selected number of vendors to appear in the VenMap table against both the logical systems what shouild do?

>(...)

See above.

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (0)