cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Processes & Forms: Field not updating after Drop Down list selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am having a problem that I think happens a lot, but I can't solve it through all the examples given here.

I have a Drop Down List where I change the value. On the CHANGE event, I have:

xfa.record.CONTROL_PARAM.ISR_EVENT.value = "GET_ORGINFO";

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

I have defined a User Event called GET_ORGINFO. It gets triggered fine. It moves into my generic service that I defined, and it changes the value that I want to change.

When I look at the PDF, the value is still in it's old value. So, after reading some blogs, which specifically says, if something goes wrong in one service (I have 3: my own, SAP_PA and S_MGRS_POSITIONS), they all fail. I debugged and checked, and, after some changes, nothing goes wrong anymore, nothing that I can see anyway.

So what I do see, is that there's a call made like this:

CALL METHOD me->process_data_container

EXPORTING

ref_to_data_container = ref_to_relevant_data_container

operation = c_do_operations

message_handler = dummy_message_handler

no_auth_check = no_auth_check

IMPORTING

is_ok = operation_ok.

Within this method, my new value is listed (in the table VALUES_OF_FIELDS). After this call is made, so when it exists the method process_data_container, the old values are back in VALUES_OF_FIELDS.

So, at the last moment INSIDE the method, the values are correct, as soon as it steps out of this method, the old values are back.

Does anyone have any idea? Am I doing something wrong with regards to the User Events? I am on EnhP 04.

Gr,

Jaron Frenk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am going to bet I know exactly what you did (or didn't do).

For YOUR user event, in configuration....did you make sure to "check off" (select) YOUR fields as values that are used in the user event.

If not, those fields won't get passed over/back correctly. I have accidentlly left them off before.

When a user event fails or doesn't work quite right, that's the first place I look.

If that's not it, then make sure your own generic service has it's input/output defined correctly. I am still guessing it's the user event config though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

Unfortunately, that's not it. I did check the fields I need. Everything is going ok. As in, I get the fields (with their current values) in my own generic operation. I see everything updated the way it should. But then at the end, nothing happens...

What exactly do you mean by " then make sure your own generic service has it's input/output defined correctly". What input/output do you mean? I assume the generic service itself is okay, since it works with the user event "USER_EVENT_CHECK". And it sure is possible I am forgetting something in the definition of the user event, but I can't figure out what.

• A small addition*

I just checked by user event. I have 3 fields selected:

I0001_PERSG

I0001_PERSG_TXT

I0001_PERSK

The generic service should get the PERSG and PERSG_TXT based on the PERSK that is entered. I don't think I need anything more.

Gr,

Jaron

Edited by: J. Frenk on Apr 26, 2010 9:01 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jigarlotia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if I understood it correctly, but try changing the order of your services e.g 1. S_MGR_postions, 2 your service and then SAP_PA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the order of my service. I just did a new form, where i only have my generic service. And the same thing happens. It does everything okay, but when it steps out of the method, it has the old values again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I'm some steps further now. I removed all my scenario step but the first one, this changed somethings, and I can now initialise fields through a user event. One thing that I find odd, is I can change the values of the fields in the initialise method of my BAdi implementation, but I can't change the values when doing it from the do_operations. Is that normal behaviour?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And to add to that:

When using the standard User Event: USER_EVENT_CHECK, it works. But, I don't want to use this event, because this checks the whole form, and I only want to check some fields. If the whole form is checked, there are a lot of error messages when not everything is filled in...