Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic determination of supply sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Automatic determination of supply sources

During the sourcing process, the system selects all sources of supply that are assigned to the product category of a contract item or a supplier list entry. If no source of supply can be selected from the product category, the next superordinate product category level in the product category hierarchy is used.

Can somebody throw some light on last statement:

"If no source of supply can be selected from the product category, the next superordinate product category level in the product category hierarchy is used."

Thanks And Regards,

KK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KK. Please clarify again.

do you have hierarchy contracts or you uploaded locally a product category hierarchy in srm server ?

always system assign appropriate product category w.r.t sc free text item product category if only one product category contract or system shows to the requestor what are the appropriate contracts contracts applicable to the sc produc category.

if the system dont propose it, it is not relavant to sc product category.

or if you want assign any contract means you can give control to buyer in the cockpit or you can forcily assign any contract by enhancement.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I do not have SRM system. I am reading SRM material from sap help and came across this which i did not understand. So asked...

Can you explain this in more detail?

what does next superordinate product category level in the product category hierarchy mean?

Rgds,

KK

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please share the material . i can study and explain or give that link.