cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 check responds with state init/busy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a Java application running under Websphere that frequently respond with state init/bus.

If we start SM59 it takes ages and it ends up with an error that the registered server program is in state init/busy.

From time to time the connection is restored and available, but most of the time the Jco application is NOT available.

Output from SM59

Connect Connection error

Errordetails Error when opening an RFC connection

Errordetails ERROR: timeout during allocate of registered progam

Errordetails LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host UNIX01 / sapgw00

Errordetails DETAIL: TP server01 init/busy for more than 60 sec

Errordetails COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Errordetails COUNTER: 76281

Errordetails MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Errordetails LINE: 1937

Errordetails RETURN CODE: 677

Errordetails SUBRC: 0

Errordetails RELEASE: 700

Errordetails TIME: Fri Apr 16 11:54:49 2010

Errordetails VERSIE: 2

What could be the issue?

Edited by: W. van Veen on Apr 16, 2010 12:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

the error timeout during allocate of registered progam <em>can</em> show up if the connection is currently busy (used by another process). So this might be a performance issue, if you have for example only one instance of the server registered, yet calls executed on the server take quite a while. So my first recommendation would be to check if this scenario is applicable. If yes, consider registering the server multiple times in SAP (if supported by your application) and also make sure to configure the outbound scheduler properly so that you don't flood the server with too many RFC calls at the same time.

If we start SM59 it takes ages and it ends up with an error that the registered server program is in state init/busy.

I suspect that you it's not the startup that takes long, but you're referring to the connection test from SM59. So if my comments above don't help, at least it sounds like you can reproduce the problem. Thus I'd try the RFC trace generation scenario as described nicely in OSS note [878860 - RFC tracing for ABAP-to-external communication|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/878860]. This might produce some more info that helps you in figuring out the actual cause of the issue...

Cheers, harald