cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tableowner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

I have a MaxDB on Linux X86_64. On this MaxDB runs NW04s. Now I creae a new instance from type archive. On this instance i create a new user named SAPR3. How can I say that the new User the table owner in the instance?

thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I don't understand your question. Do you want to change the ownership of some tables to this new user SAPR3?

How did you create this new instance? Do you want to create a system copy of the NW04S instance? In that case, you need to install a new instance with the option 'restore' and then restore a data backup from NW04S.

Please clarify what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Ashwath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your answer. I will tell you the reason for my issue. I have create a database instance type archive (Nearline SAP BI). No I want connect the Data Base via new connect in TA DBCO. Unfortunately recognizes the connect the user not (I have change the connection info and I become a connect to the db) USER/Password combination wrong. There is a User SAPR3 on the archive instance from type DBA. I have several times examines the password. But everytime User/Password compination wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

did you create this new 'archive' instance as a copy of an instance which had the user sapr3? If not, then this user sapr3 does not exist in the new instance. Did you create the user manually (via an SQL command)?

If you are an SAP customer, please open a CSS message for your problem. You can enter the message in German, since I am not able to understand your English very well

Thanks,

Ashwath