cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF errors due to material status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having lot of CIF errors due to material status "40" in CIF, which restrict creation of P.reqs and PO at source location.

Eg:- LOC1 is a manufacturing location and LOC2 is a Distribution centre. A new Product A introduced at both location, having status status "40" at both the location.

When APO creates P.Reqs with source as LOC1 and Destination as LOC2 for this product, these p.reqs get stuck in CIF queue, as plant specific status "40" doesn't allow creation of P.Reqs at LOC1 in ECC.

We thought of creating a new status "Z1", which would allow the creation of P.Reqs and PO. But the requirement was to allow only creation of P.Reqs and not PO. But in the config setting in ECC for material status there is common setting for P.Reqs and PO and cannot be differentiated.

Have anybody come across such problem and whats the way to address this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

Thank you very much.

BR,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestion and help.

Just to let u know, the solution i have thought of to resolve this issue.

I will be using new material status in ECC, which will allow the creation of P.Reqs and PO and then use BADI during the creation of PO in ECC to check for this New status. If status is equal to NEW STATUS then don't allow to create the PO for the material and if not equal then allow the PO creation.

Many thanks & Regards

Shankar

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

Thanks for the update. I'm curious to know the BAdI and method names, you know my suggestion

can help when you create PO only in APO.

BR,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

The BADI on ECC is "ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST" and method "IF_EX_ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST~PROCESS_ITEM".

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

You may have to review the business process of setting the status 40 ( i.e. block pruchasing) for the materials for which you are ready to create purchase requisitions but not POs.

There are some customer exists in ERP for inbound processing, however, these may not help.

You will have to remove this status 40 for the products for which you expect to have PR created in APO. However, to check possibility to have configuration set up in ERP, such that, POs are not allowed to be created ( say by having a workflow or separate Purchase group).

I hope this gives some helpful ifnormation.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Option of BADI in ECC to restrict the PO creation for such products looks good to me.

In case you now of any BADI or any code for the same do let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

I have never come across this. However, I would never send a material to SCM in the first place if I didn't want SCM to create Purchase reqs or purchase orders. Why not exclude these materials from your Core Interface Integration Models (set your MRP type to, say, ND rather than X0)..

Alternatively, try excluding these materials from your SCM Heuristics that are creating the orders.

Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy49,

Thanks for your reply.

We need to start the planning of these products in APO which are still not completely ready(costed) for all purpose( Status 60). Planners need it to plan for their meduim term capacity and raw materials requirement. Hence we cannot exclude it from APO.

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

If the only issue were RM, then you could still exclude the parts, since SCM supports passing dependent rqments to APO even if the parent does not exist in SCM.

In your case, though, I would consider using one of the 'planning without assembly' planning strategies. Pass unconvertible planned orders from SCM to ERP rather than PRs/POs.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Please check list of enahncements in SMOD transaction. The enhacements related to Purchase documents start with "CIFPUR.."

Or other path in SPRO is as below:

In the ERP system under Integration with Other SAP Components >> Advanced Planning and Optimization >> Application-Specific Settings and Enhancements >>Settings and Enhancements for External Procurement.

Because of the blocked status of the material ,while transferring the PR/PO data, the CIF prrogram -function call for creating the purchasing document does not get triggered. As written in earlier mail, the enhancement on SAP ECC inbound may not help, because, the material status is picked up from ECC ( or SAP R/3) material master data and not taken from APO.

Neverthless, you may please have a look at these enhancements.

I hope this gives insight to you.

Regards

Datta

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Datta and Shankar,

I agree that CIF UserExit on ECC side can't and shouldn't overrule the status check in ECC.

Since it's APO that creates PRs and the requirement was to allow only creation of P.Reqs and not PO,

I think you can use Exit APOCFPEP on APO side to send only PR and filter out PO.

On ECC side, no special status should be set for the material, as the result.

BR,

Tiemin