cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract and sales order item deletion

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am facing a problem in a praticular scenario.In our process we are making quotation(thru VA21)>Sales order>delivery>PGI>Billing

Now if we have a material code Z with qty as 10 in quotation the same gets copied to the sales order.But if i wish to delete the same line item in sales order , system prompts that this item refers to the quotation so it cannot be deleted.

Now if i go to quotation and try to delete the same line item , then also the system prompts that the sales order XXXX refers to this line item , you cannot delete it.

I wish to delete the same from sales order as well as the Quotation also.Kindly advise

Regards

Naveen

Edited by: Naveen Sharma on Apr 16, 2010 11:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in the copy control from QT and OR (T.code VTAA).

In Header level check complete reference indicator. If it was selected, just remove it.

If it is activated, then you cannot change an order Quantity or to delete an item .

Regards

M. Lakshmi Narasimhan

0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmi

Issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

If you have Done only VA21 and VA01 ....

Then Delete the Order and then go to Quotation and select the Line item and then delete .system will accept

Regards

Seegal

0 Kudos

Hi Raga

But my problem is for ex. i have prepared quotation for Material codes

X-->5 QTY

Y-->6QTY

Z-->7 QTY

Now the sales order is also having the same 3 material codes.After this we had done the delivery for lets say only X & Y.We dont wish to do the delivery for Z material so even i am going back to VA02 and trying to delete it the system prompts the earlier messages which i had explained

My requirement is to delete only Z from SO & Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain reason for rejection for the material Z.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained the reason for rejection but still its not allowing me to delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Naveen,

Reason for Rejection is one solution. we can restrict that item and can delivery the remaning items,

But why you want to delete the item?

Regards,

Seegal

0 Kudos

The reason why we wish to delete that line item is that the system reserves the material Z and its quantity so i want to delete it since its no longer required.I dont see any logic to keep that material open in my SO.