cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup Subcontractor part demand based on BOM Component demand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Below is the details to the process we are trying to create.

Child part - A

Parent part - B

Finished Product - C

Step 1 - We purchase part "A".

Step 2 - We supply part "A" to subcontractor supplier,

who after processing part "A" supplies back to us part "B".

Step 3 - We issue part "B" to finished product "C" ,as part "B" is a BOM component for part "C"

The problem we face is that when Demand for part "C" comes through, it in turn places Dependant Demand on BOM compnent part "B".

The APO SNP system then raises Purchase Reqs for part "B" which is placed on our Subcontractor supplier.

However the demand for part "B" is not distributed to part "A" which we need to raise Purchase Reqs for as it is needed to be supplied to Subcontractor to process for us and then in turn supply back to us part "B".

Please advise as to how we can distribute the demand for part "B" to part "A" as there is a 1 to 1 ratio, so for every 1 part "A" we purchase and supply to Subcontractor, we raise a Purchase Req against the Subcontractor to receive back 1 part "B" which we issue to Production order for finished part "C".

Also please let me know what the settings in the R/3 material masters should be for part "A"and "B" on tabs MRP 1, 2, 3 and 4

Please let me know if there is any other info you require from me, to assist me.

Thanx in advance

Keegan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keegan,

The scenario you mentioned is possible in APO SNP .

There are steps listed below:

1. Master data set up in SAP ERP C has BOM with B as item and also has routing

B has a BOM with A as its item. B also has subcontracting info record and it has production version name to be able to get transferred to APO as subcontracting PPM

Part A has also BOM and routing

Additional work center at plant with name like SUBCON WC is created to have sheduling possible for part B production at vendor.

2. Creation & activation of Integration models.

3. Data transfer to SCM APO: PPDS ppms, extrenal procurements, Transportation lane

4. Additonal data creation in APO.

Transportation Lane from Plant to Vendor and assign product C.

5. CIF configuration in APO is complete ( pubilcation and other settings)

6. SNP planning run in APO first step with low level code determination

With low level code procedure run, then SNP run at C > Creates requirements for B .

Plan run at B > creates subcontracting purchase requirements and has planned orders created for production of B with component A.

Plan run at A and requirements go to plant for supply.

Detailed documentation is availble on the URL below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/21/186b398c15ef59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope this will help you.

Please confirm.

Regards

Datta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keegan

Do you transfer the BOM for part B that has A as child to APO? That is a mandatory step and once the PDS is created for part B in APO , whenever demand is generated for part B , the PDS will explode and create the demand for A automatically.

Check this and let us know

Thanks

Saradha