cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

book hours on activities/projects that have status TECO.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus,

Can we book hours in CAT2, on activities that have status teco, actually here we are using ZHR_timesheet for booking actual hrs instead of using CAT2, but now our requirement is that in status TECO, the system should not allow the user to book hrs, the system must give error message while entering hrs against network activities.

What is to be done to achieve this fuctioanilty. CAT2 or ZHR_timesheet??? is it possible??

Regards,

Ansar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PROJ> PRPS->AUFK>AFKO>AFVC

Take the OBJNR from the table AFVC and enter it in the table JEST you will get the status and if the status is active i.e. TECO then dont allow the CATs entry.

R

Abraham

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx Abraham & Ahmed Rifayee.

My issue got resolved as per your solution.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confirm order , confirm transcation are allowed for TECO status, so i think you can still confirm activities/book hours. If you want to prohibit that then you will have to go for user status.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx for your instant reply, yes you are rite, i mean to say that what can be done to prohibit, as you said it can be done by user status, but here we are using ZHR_timesheet, no CAT2, so can you suggest any user exit or any other solution so that i can insert in Zhr program.

Regards,

Ansar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear there is no need for such exit, I believe background of ZHR_timesheet might run confirmation transaction for activity, so if the user status prohibits the confirmation then the system will not allow you to save those confirmation.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here iam not talking about confirmation, in Zhr timesheet we book hours against network activity, eg weekly, monthly..hrs are booked, here not a question about confirmation, the system must not allow the user to book hrs in ZHR under TECO staus set in cj20n for that particular activty. Confirmation is not done in ZHR, we do it in cj20n for confirmation acvtivity.

Regards,

Ansar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fine then do one thing use this BAPI in your Zprogram BAPI_BUS2002_GET_STATUS to read the status of the activity, and if it is TECO then make the entry field as display not as input for that particular activities, so that user cannot enter time.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Apr 16, 2010 10:53 AM

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

thats great, i will check it & get back to this forum. but how to trace from Project to WBS to Network to activities, table??

i found out that I0045 is the system ststus for TECO by BS23 tcode, here in Zhr_timesheet transaction we enter only P as project then network then activity, then enter, the sytem allows to enter hrs. Any to find out the heirarchy from PROJ_PRPS_AUFK_AFVC.

Regards,

Ansar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do onething check the first thread of this forum posted by virenda....he has given a link to a blog where you can see list of tables available for PS, there you can check for appropriate tables for your need.