cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let say, there is no data coming to the form and If I uncheck min count check box. It is showing blank form. But I wanted to populate the text field says "no data" on the blank form.

How can I check like the form doesn't have data. In that case I have to display the error message on the form not the message box or pop up box.. Error message I kept on text box on one form with data "no data". Only thing I have to check whether, do I have the data or not. If not make it visible the text box(no data) subform.

How to check whether form has the data or not.

Thanks

GJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasree,

If you are getting the output from a model, check if the size of the output node. if the node contains no data then set a boolean variable in the context of the view/controller and use the boolean field in your form.

In the "docready" action of your form, check the value of the boolean field. based on the value, use a text field to show the message what u want.

i.e <path of the UI element>.presence = "hidden" / "visible";

u can control the visibility of the fields in form using FormCalc script.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Edited by: Poojith M V on Apr 16, 2010 5:54 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

how i solve this:

If there is some input from the backend, I just show the table with all the rows coming from backend

If there is no output I set the presence of the table (with no rows) to "hidden" and show the user a subform (which is normally hidden) saying something like "No data from the backend" (only a static text in the subform).

It is like a checkbox (a flag variable in your context to check if there is input or not):

yes: show table

no: show "sorry" message

Very much similar to the thing mentioned above. Regards Otto