Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - Landscape

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are in the process of setting up solution manager 4.0

We have not yet finalised all the scenarios that we would be implementing.

Currently we just installed one instance which would serve as the production instance.

What I would like some ideas/ thoughts on are whether most people think it is necessary to have dev and QA kind of setup for Solution Manager also ?

Do most people have a dev and QA for solution manager?

regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

We have a DEV syste acting as PRD before. Now we are adding a separate PRD. No QA. Depending on what you are implementing, but a three-systems landscape for SM is probably a over kill.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Yujum. What are you going to do while you are applying support packs and testing and fixing the problems? You need at least a DEV or Sandbox & PRD system. I agree a QA might be overkill.

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some clarifications so I am reviving this discussion.

My problem is like this.

I had already setup a Solution Manager production 4.0 system. The only setup that we have done is the system landscape directory for all SAP systems, the base definitions of the solutions and the EWA reports of all SAP systems in our landscape.

Now we wish to start work on the support desk scenario.

Towards this, We have setup a separate instance of Solution Manager to act as the development instance.

If I start from scratch can I transport all these settings from Dev to production?

Would the Solution settings also be normally 'transported'?

In short I would like to understand what are the scenarios that I can use a development intsance for?

regards,

Keivn Hill

former_member322647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Customers who wants to use SolMan only for EWA and see this as not critical can run with one SolMan.

Customers who have to deliver services, EWA, SLR.. should maybe install a Q-System to test the new SPs, to be sure that everything runs fine.

Customers who use service desk and change request management and configure it in there way should install a Dev-System. SAP CRM customizing will be recorded on transport requests and you can transport them through your landscape. If you configure only standard service desk two system landscape is enough (Q-System, PRD-System)

Regards,

uDo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo Lang,

A slightly different question here, can we for a demo purpose, set up change management in three clients of the same quality instance of Solution Manager, is it possible? if so, how ?

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a simillar query but in a lot earlier stage on the project.

Will appreciate if someone can clarify this for me...

Thanks and Regards,

Farhad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a simillar query but in a lot earlier stage on the project.

Will appreciate if someone can clarify this for me...

Thanks and Regards,

Farhad.

Answers (0)