Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline branch in BPM

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using transport acknowledgement in my BPM.i am using deadline branch to cancel the process after 1 min ( if i receive -ve ACK) and i also need to send an alert also.

question:

can we use 2 control steps in deadline branch first control step to cancel the process and 2nd control step to send an alert?

if it is not possible with only deadline branch do we need to go for exception branch?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

So you mean to say that i need to mention one deadline branch and inside that one control step which raise an time_out exception and it will go to the exception branch and there 2 control steps..1st control step to through an alert and second control step to cancel the process..am i right?

and

if i receive -ve ACK then i am waiting for 1 min and executing deadline branch to raise excepton to send the alert and cancel the process..but here after sending the alert..the receiver adapter (IDOC adapter) is retries and success in sending the message to ECC...how can we assure that deadline duration is greater than retry inerwal of IDOC adapter???otherwise it will be like sending an alert to support team but message got transfered to ECC successfully..

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
am i right?

Right.

how can we assure that deadline duration is greater than retry inerwal of IDOC adapter???

Each adapter has its number of retries....with uniform time between consecutive retries....similarly IDOC adapter may also have its number of retries defined and 1 min will surely be less than one set of retries that the adapter does.....may be you can check with your BASIS/ ADMIN team and aks them what the exact time is and then accordingly adjust the time in Deadline branch.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

If i go for Exception branch also apart from deadline branch..then according to you, what extra information can i get in moni..?

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what extra information can i get in moni..?

A Red Flag....nothing more....so support folks can check which processing has actually failed.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
can we use 2 control steps in deadline branch first control step to cancel the process and 2nd control step to send an 
alert?

Throw Alert should come before Cancel Process.

if it is not possible with only deadline branch do we need to go for exception branch?

Normally the Deadline Branch Thows an Exception and then the Exception Branch catches this exception and executes the included exception-handling like Throw Alert/ Cacncel Process......we throw an Exception as an indication that the process has failed to achieve its functionality....we then cancel it so that it does not block execution of other messages.

Cancelling the process & Throwing Alert in Deadline Branch is possible just that in moni there wont be an indication that something has gone wrong.

Regards,

Abhishek.