cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-OSS RFC Problem

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I completed the setup for SAProuter and the RFC connection test for SAPOSS (using sapserv2) works just fine. I can also download notes through the Notes Assistant.

However, when I am doing a connection test for SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01, it fails. Both connections do have a working S-User assigned. The firewall also allows a connection for 147.204.2.5 (listed in SAP-OSS) and port 3299.

The error message for SAP-OSS is:

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: timeout while pending for route completion

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Server SMD_SMD_00 on host SMD (wp 0)

Error Details DETAIL: NiErrSet

Error Details COMPONENT: NI (network interface)

Error Details COUNTER: 38

Error Details MODULE:

Error Details LINE:

Error Details RETURN CODE: -12

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 701

Error Details TIME: Thu Apr 15 12:06:50 2010

Error Details VERSION: 38

Did I miss a step somewhere along the way?

Thanks,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

No need to sweat for troubleshooting it, just delete the SAP-OSS connection and then:

1. make sure SAProuter is defined correctly in OSS1;

2. recreate SAP-OSS connection in DSWP --> Settings --> Global settings, also make sure SAPOSS is working before you do it.

Regards,

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fan,

In DSWP the connection is set to use SAPOSS which works just fine. It did not regenerate SAP-OSS.

Are you saying, I simply don't need SAP-OSS?

Thanks,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there's no SAP-OSS exists, it'll create one for you based on SAPOSS.

o Go to the solution overview of transaction DSWP. Choose the menu point "Settings -> Global settings".

Choose the tab "Connection to SAP". Re-enter the user (S user for your customer number) and the password and save your entries. When you save, the system regenerates the SAP-OSS destination.

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Fan,

General Settings is a popup window. I can switch it to change mode which I did. Then I re-entered my s-user id and password and clicked ok (green arrow) to save.

I also did the connection check for SAPOSS in the same screen and it completed successfully.

However, it did not generate SAP-OSS.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jens

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I spoke too soon. When I tried it once more, it finally showed up.

For the more curious people like me:

It turns out that the problem was caused by the fact that the delivered SAP-OSS connection uses a SAP IP address where it is supposed to use my local SAProuter.

I actually tried to manually correct the IP address before I posted, but for some reason that did not resolve my problem. Could have been a typo on my end...

Thanks Fan!

Best regards,

Jens

Answers (0)