Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Issue - SU25 step 1 no run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do we need to run first option in Su25 screen.

I mean do we need to activate the option " Initially fill the .customer tables" compulsory.

Swapna..

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 15, 2010 7:55 PM

Subject title make more meaningfull...

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should be done during the installation and once only - unless you want to wipe everything out and make all your roles "turn red".

If this is now an upgrade and have existing roles and step 2A is showing a "last change" by DDIC, then you must be carefull.

There is no step-by-step to correct inconsistencies, as we don't know where they are and which release / SP you are on.

A comparison of Su22 and Su24 is the place to start, in each system in the landscape.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is a query on SU25 step 1.

We have installed SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 and trying to run SU25 to generate the profiles.

Since this is a new installation and not upgrade, I believe only first step should be sufficient(please correct me if I am wrong).

We have run the first step to populate the tables USOBX_C and USOBT_C, which appears to be successful. Now, do we need to generate the profiles for the roles through 2A to 2C or running step 1 should have generated the profiles so that Authorization tab in PFCG appears Green ? At the moment all the roles are 'Yellow' few of them with some open authorizations in PFCG. What could be done further ? I see last option as manually generating profiles through PFCG.

Thank you,

Kshitij

0 Kudos

Hi,

In su25 transaction we have a INFORMATION tab ,where you get all the info

0 Kudos

Kshitij Pande wrote:

Since this is a new installation and not upgrade, I believe only first step should be sufficient(please correct me if I am wrong).

We have run the first step to populate the tables USOBX_C and USOBT_C, which appears to be successful. Now, do we need to generate the profiles for the roles through 2A to 2C or running step 1 should have generated the profiles so that Authorization tab in PFCG appears Green ?

Hello Kshitij,

step 1 only copies the table content as you have noticed already. As this is a new system, I suppose that you did not create your own roles yet. nevertheless also the SAP-roles will change their status, if the proposals of the contained transactions have changed (means the current status does not fit to the su24-values as per rules of SAP note 113290).

So I suggest to go through step 2 of SU25 to get the most recent proposals also into the SAP delivered roles (Solution Manager proposal roles). But in fact you do not need to generate the profiles of that proposal roles, as you will copy that roles to your naming concept before productive use - I guess.

finalizing step 2 is a good idea nevertheless, as in the newest releases SU25 changes to minimize the maintenance efforts and you can select then the affected roles to be processed also by time stamp.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

query on SU25 step 1.

Step1 is required only when a new implementation has been started and need to execute it to populate all the authorization data from TABLES USOBT & USOBX to customer tables USOBT_C & USOBX_C.  So the roles auth. data will be populated to Customer tables and in turn to the real environment of roles.  So if it is completely new environment, then you need to execute this step.  Otherwise, you can skip this step and continue running with steps 2A to 2C.

@ Kshitij, Even if it is new implementation, you need to populate and update the data to roles and generate with the modified data from Customer tables is required.  So you need to run the Steps 2A to 2C after executing the Step 1.  and then you can see the modified version of roles and all will be listed through the step 2D.

And, Earlier in Older versions of SAP, Authorizations are maintained through Manual Profiles(as activity groups), not the Roles.  the last option is for converting the Manually created Profiles to Roles.  As SAP has not been supporting the Profile maintenance, the option provided to convert the Manual profiles to Roles for the newer versions.

I hope, you got the real perception behind SU25 and hope you to proceed for the further steps.

If you need more information regarding Upgrade, I can help you.

Thanks,

Venkat.