Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Security actions during system refresh

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i wanted to know the Security actions during system refresh.

we recently made system refresh from Prod to Quality, after refresh the user had different roles than before.

so i dont know what happend during refresh. i wanted to know how should one proceed on security strategy while doing system refresh.

as far as i know, we export some user related tables in to some folder and then import them after refresh, let me know if am wrong. also let me know what are the tables we can export and import.

note: we disconnected CUA when doing system refresh and connected back once the refresh is done.

thanks in advance,

SS

Edited by: sun on Apr 15, 2010 7:12 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Are these your PacMan "best score" users on a Commodore 64 system? Please provide more details...

Anyway, the "basis" folks should have a "to do list" for system refreshes. Review that for security relevant tasks, and it's existence.

Cheers,

Julius

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member

Are these your PacMan "best score" users on a Commodore 64 system? Please provide more details...

Anyway, the "basis" folks should have a "to do list" for system refreshes. Review that for security relevant tasks, and it's existence.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

ok, recently we made system refresh from Prod to Quality. the problem is that users are missing some roles that they had before.

for me what i wanted to know is when doing system refresh, what are the secuity realted tables that should not be modified (for EX like USR02) and normally i think basis people export this table before refresh and again after refresh they will replace or import the table. is that correct?

Thanks for your suggestion, i will contact basis guys to see what they can provide.

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: sun on Apr 15, 2010 9:10 PM

0 Kudos

Keep us informed and also let us know which type of system it is..

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I was just invlovled in a Quality refresh , and had experienced the same. before making the refresh, the team needs to export the user master records in SCC8 and reimport it when refresh is done.

When checked, found 3 months old data in one of restored system and 1 year old in another one, and its been pointed to restore team to fix.

Later on they imported right ones Just got lucky and saved lot of time.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

I think I am missing something, during QAS refresh say client copy is with Production; users will get same roles as what they have in production correct? as QAS being new copy.

- In our landscape most of the Contractors are not given PRD access, so with refresh all contractors are deleted and there accounts have to re-create...what a mess! and existing users get roles as PRD even though they need more access on QAS vs PRD.

Is there anything we can do to avoid this manual step/

Thanks.

0 Kudos

>

> I think I am missing something, during QAS refresh say client copy is with Production; users will get same roles as what they have in production correct? as QAS being new copy.

Not on his case due to CUA.

0 Kudos

This is the first thing to discuss when performing refresh. The data should be as of production, not the user master data.

From your posts, it has been understood that user masters were not backed up properly and restored. Only option I can see in your case is to restore the user master records from last successful back of QAS( before refresh) if any exists.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Ok Thanks Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take backup of firefighters during system refresh.

0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for your input, i will keep this open to see more feedbacks and suggesstions.

Keep you updated, if i find something.

thanks,

SS

0 Kudos

Transaction SPAM will help us further to see what might be available, if configured and used...

Sorry for the irony

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> Please take backup of firefighters during system refresh.

Good comment, perhaps after the anonymization programs...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

Thanks

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

- back up of Customized t-codes, tables auth. objects, fields, programs and Roles of Test system, which are requierd , but are still not in Prod.

- transport the customized t-codes, tables auth. objects, fields and programs first before transporting Roles

- no need to transport users

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Plaban,

Thanks,

SS