cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic modification rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, what is dynamic modification rue functionality in qm? pls explain with one example how to use the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DMR: simple words means when you dynamicall want to change the stages of the inspection.that means you want to reduce the inspection or skip the lots or tighten the inspection.

DMR mainly used for reducing the cost of inspection.

There are many links which are available with example for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

One small query on DMR,

What is the meaning of skip lot in DMR, i was expecting that the generation of inspection lot will be skipped (no lot will be generated even after you do GR) and you don't have to do UD and stock posting, but its not happening.

I have crated DMR at lot creation level, defined skipped function as you mentioned. Then assigned this DMR at header level of Q. Plan with vendor assigned in material assignment.

After GR the lot is still getting created, this has skip status where MIC's are grayed out.

Is it a correct behavior or output of DMR??

Please correct me if my understanding is other way.

Best Reagrds,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the meaning of skip lot in DMR, i was expecting that the generation of inspection lot will be skipped (no lot will be generated even after you do GR) and you don't have to do UD and stock posting, but its not happening.

as you said, it not like system create the inspection lot if you mention the lot as skip

if you maintain skip lot in dmr. with frequency 5 0r 10

upto 4 or 9 system create the lot as usual but skip to do the UD. then 5 or 10 will be the inspection lot to do UD.

SKIP LOT is nothing but skip the created lot for doing User decision .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

What you are talking about is for UD but you also have option of ' at lot creation' in DMR. I am talking about using that option.

Not still clear with my query.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a correct behavior or output of DMR??

Aswer of the first question is correct.MIC has status 4 & grey out.Means if lot is skipped the you need not to inspect the MIC.

What you are talking about is for UD but you also have option of ' at lot creation' in DMR. I am talking about using that option.

In DMR there is option of lot creation ,Qulity level will change after creation of inspection lot.

At UD level means Quality level will change after UD is taken & not at creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Thanks

Shekhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DMR contains the conditions for the inspection stage change. Inspection stage changes occur on the basis of the inspection results that are recorded for inspection lots and inspection characteristics (that is, on the basis of their acceptance or rejection).

You can store DMR rule at one of following place:

1) Insp plan - header level

2) insp plan - char level

3) Material master - Insp type level

With ref to DMR condition system update the quality level, which always reflects the current status.

ex: one ROH material which we receive from one vendor.

Now as per SOP we want to do inspection first time only if it accept then don't want to do inspection for next 5 lot otherwise continue inspection.

If we have this kind of req then we can use DMR.

hope this helps.