cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network confirmation cancell. thru CN29,when past posting period isnot open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have one query regarding netowrk confirmation. In our scnario, we are confirming network activity/element directly through CN27. Now after confirmation, due to some mistake we are trying to cancel that confimration through CN29 but system gives me error that "posting period is not open". As my network confirmation was done in the month of March'10 and i am trying to cancel it in April'10 that's why system is not allowing me to canel the confimration.

Now my query is that how to cancel the network confimmation without opening past posting period. I looked into the configuration for network confirmations but there is no setting available to allow cacellation of network confirmation done in posting period which is not open now.

however in CAT5, we have a option where we can enter cancellation posting date, and system allows to cancel time postring for that period also which is closed now (by putting cancellation posting date belonging to current posting period wihhc is open).

regards

Alok Mittal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alok,

Go through this note...it tells you how to cancel the confirmation when the period is already closed

Note 190694 - CN29: Blocked period, posting date, field selection

you will have to set the posting date as input field in field selection, if you have set display or hidden you cannot enter posting date during cancellation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

We are using ECC 6.0. I think the SAP note 190694 you have suggested would have already been included in this SAP version. I checked field settings also and found that it has been set as "input". I have also checked influencing adn found no influencing has been created.

Can you please let me know is this note required with package SAP ECC 6.0? if yes then in note it is written that "In this particular case, the setting in the field selection for the posting date must be ignored and to change the field you have to open it". What does it mean?

Thanks for help of you all.

regards

Alok Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me in resolving this issue?

regards

Alok Mittal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But Alok, it is working for Kealin..hope he is on ECC6.0......may be you can open a message to SAP, they may help you on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok;

here is a solution to your Problem.

In Ecc 6.0 though system gives an active input filed after warning but that still dont allow to post in previous period.

You can do this by simply..

Go to OKP1 transaction >> Input : Controlling Area, Fiscal Year, Version

Click on Actual

Now You will see Check Boxes under Months, and on left side areas for which periods are to be blocked..

So Simply on left Side Find >> Actual activity allocation ... and Un check the Box for relevant Period you want to post in.

This will solve your problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not verified the same on system, but It's quite good observation. I think it's standard behavior in system and could be possible, in CN29 you are not having option to put posting date, so, system is taking date of posting date on which it got posted for reversal. i.e. March 10, but period is closed for that date. so, system is giving you error that period is closed.

Now coming to CAT5 if you give posting date of March 10, and try to reverse this document system will give you same error of period close. but if you give posting date of period April 10 system will allow to post. Because current period is open. Reversal program works in SAP based on some logic for different documents.

If you wanted to check why system is behaving in that way in that case, compare both documents ( original posted and reversal document posted in CAT5, check after posting reversal document is there any change done by system to original documents , I understand mostly system put reversal tick mark or so, in original document and give reference document in new documents )

Please check and revert back.

With Regards

Nitin p.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my system, if we try to cancel a confirmation posted from closed period, after the message prompted (Posting period MMM YYYY is locked (check posting date) ) the Posting Date field becomes ready for input and we can enter a date in current period.

I think this is the standard system behaviour without any configuration needed, maybe others could confirm this 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kealin.

I totally agree with you.. i am also on ECC 6.0 and system allows me to Input Date after a warning message..