cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcfExecute on a PC without SAP Frontend Installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to use AcfExecute on a PC without SAP Frontend installed.

I have a requirement of starting a local .bat file an a Client pc. It will be triggered from a Webdynpro ABAP application.

I've set up a whitelist and everything is working fine on my development machine after activing the whitelist.

But, has anyone tried it on a PC without SAP Frontend Installed? Could that work too. By manually placing the SAPFrontendService.xml file on that target pc? Or how can it be done? Any special tweeks necessary?

Planning to test this on Monday at a Client site and if anyone could share your experiense regarding this I'd be very greatful.

Best Regards

Mikael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

ACFExecute uses the same ACF ActiveX control that is needed by other UI elements - NetWork, OfficeControl, etc. Although this ACF framework can be installed with the SAPGUI, it should also download automatically from the web service if it isn't already installed upon first request.

SAPFrontendService.xml does have to be manually installed (in 7.02 we can also push it on first request). I guess the only missing piece is that the file will be expected in the SAP Work Directory. You might have to manually create this directory as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

I'll try it out on Monday.

Thanks!

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Mikael,

See also the following SAP Notes ...

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/766191 (Active Component Framework Installation)

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1402024 (SAP Active Component Framework 7.12 - Patch Note)

Since March 2010 SAP does also provide a standalone ACF-Client-Installation on SAP Service Market Place.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can confirm that it actually worked at my customer site

We simply had to create the folder below manually and place the .xml file there

C:\Documents and Settings\u201Duseru201D\Application Data\SAP

Thank you very much!

Answers (0)