cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We imported all the roles from SAP into CUP. CUP however requires certain mandatory fields e.g. Role Approver, Business Process, Functional Area, etc which we would like to use. Does this have to be maintained in CUP? I know you can export the roles in excel, update the file and import back to CUP. Can this be maintained in SAP when creating the roles?

The reason I ask, what happens if new roles are maintained in SAP, a sync is done to CUP but someone forgets to maintain these mandatory fields.

Please advise.

Regards,

Mo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you're implementing Access Control, some of your related processes need to be re-defined. This includes creating roles. If you want them to be available for provisioning, you need to make sure they are well defined in CUP (hint: usually you NEVER import ALL roles into CUP...).

You can either do that in CUP manually, through the Excel export/import, or through Enterprise Role Management.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

We are not using ERM. We are also in the process of a role redesign. I understand that it is best to use the excel and that is the approch we are taking. However, in event that the implementation is complete and new roles are created in SAP, what is the best practice to keep CUP clean (i.e. include fields like Functional Area, Business Process, etc).

Regards,

Mo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not use ERM. If we change roles/amend roles or the role "master data" we export these roles to excel, make our changes an upload the changes. Just select the "overwrite-option".