cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude one Word SPL Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What is the best way to avoid hits with one word entries in the SPL. For example if the SPL from the Provider has the entry MARIA, this will cause many hits because we quickly have a 100% match with Business partners in GTS.

in the Customizing "Define Control Procedure for Address Comparison" there are several ways to get a low hit by seting the Customizing, but i feel that I am making my System less flexible just to avoid these hits. So I am wondering how you guy's solved this issue. We are debating whether we should create a program that kicks these entries out as we upload the list.

So I just wanted some feedback from those who had experience on this.

Thanks for your help,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc

We are also facing the same problem; we are getting a high number of hits in all type of first names (Rob, Maria, John, Richu2026).

We raised a message to SAP some time ago and their recommendation to solve this issue is to increase the percentages of the Originating Feature. We are in a dilemma since them because legal team does not want to increase the %; they want to keep the system conservative and additionally to that we have tested some scenarios that wonu2019t be covered if we increase the Originating Feature.

Excluded texts might be an option but I just do not feel comfortable adding lots of names to the excluded listu2026

Thanks,

Debora.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have now developped a little program that loads the lists and gives us a List of all these One word entries, we can then choose to add an entry to it and the program regenerates a new XML file. Workload for the Developper with testing was about (2 MD).

0 Kudos

Hi Marc, such a program is not required. You have in GTS already the option to exclude text:

Transaction /SAPSLL/VC_CMPAS > excluded texts. You find it in GTS menu for compliance management> SPL screening> master data> General settings. You just have to take care that you don't excluded all terms of an SPL entry. Regards, Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver but this is not what we need. On that table you can exclude specific Names, but that is not what we want, we want to exclude entries that ONLY contain one name, regardless of what the content is.

We have now developped a little program that loads the lists and gives us a List of all these One word entries, we can then choose to add an entry to it and the program regenerates a new XML file. Workload for the Developper with testing was about (2 MD).

Cheers.