kalyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Generally you have a button that starts the fileUpload. In the event handler of that button just issue a message with the message manager.

Technically there is no event triggered on the file upload. The file contents are simply sent back with the first server event. This is why people generally design the file upload to be isolated (perhaps in a dialog window) so that they only have one button available to check the upload.

From the online help:

There is no action available to identify a FileUpload. Generally we recommend you use a dedicated screen or popup for the upload, since an upload is triggered by every user interaction requiring a roundtrip, for example scrolling through a table. This makes a round trip necessary, which may irritate the user.

Check with every action whether data has been downloaded by reading the data from the context.

Then delete the data immediately from the context. Otherwise the file would be kept in the memory until the context is created or a new upload is triggered.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm