SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in IS-R:Article hierarchy and merchandise hierarchy reclassification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPgurus,

I just want to know what does article hierarchy reclassification means and where & How we maintain it?I also want to know what does merchandise category hierarchy reclassification means and where & How we maintain it?I am expecting clear and complete solution to my query.Thanks in advance.Expecting T-codes for article hierarchy & merchandise category hierarchy reclassification.

Thanks & Regards

Tonyrao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the assignment of an article or a merchandise category within the merchandise category hierarchy is known as 'reclassification'. You may need to change assignments for the following reasons:

• When an article was created, it was assigned to the wrong merchandise category due to an input error.

• Articles, which have turned out to be special articles in a merchandise category, must be assigned to a special merchandise category. For example, expensive cheeses in the Dairy Products merchandise category should be reassigned to the Delicatessen merchandise category.

• A merchandise category or merchandise category hierarchy level is too large, and therefore is not manageable and needs to be divided up. Articles or merchandise categories in the old level are reassigned to a new one.

The SAP system gives you two reclassification options:

1) If you want to make extensive changes, you can use Article and Merchandise Category Reclassification.

2) If you just want to change the assignment of individual articles, rather than the assignment of whole article areas or existing merchandise categories, you should use the Article reclassification function, which is simpler to use. Article reclassification is allowed for the Single Article, Generic Article with Variants and Structured Article article categories.

Because of the twofold structure of the MC-assignment (as well material group as class hierarchy), merchandise categories, changes in class hierarchy have to be done in a process named u2018reclassificationu2019.

Reclassification is possible for:

u2022 Material groups

u2022 Material group hierarchy nodes

u2022 Characteristics profiles

u2022 Single articles

u2022 Generic articles

u2022 Displays

u2022 Sales sets

Reclassification is done by transactions WRC1 to WRC4 (create reclassification, display reclassification, change reclassification, delete reclassification) and WRCV (execute reclassification). Please read FAQ-note 314490 on how to proceed. Technically, the reclassification is mainly done by function module WWG2_RECLAS_BOOKED_DB.

From release 46C on there is the easier method, to reclassify single articles by transaction WRCR. This is done by function module ARTICLE_RECLASSIFY_LITE_RETAIL.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f083de60-4162-2b10-aa9a-8aa95510...

You may like to explore more with the help IRT310 course for your query.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the assignment of an article or a merchandise category within the merchandise category hierarchy is known as 'reclassification'. You may need to change assignments for the following reasons:

• When an article was created, it was assigned to the wrong merchandise category due to an input error.

• Articles, which have turned out to be special articles in a merchandise category, must be assigned to a special merchandise category. For example, expensive cheeses in the Dairy Products merchandise category should be reassigned to the Delicatessen merchandise category.

• A merchandise category or merchandise category hierarchy level is too large, and therefore is not manageable and needs to be divided up. Articles or merchandise categories in the old level are reassigned to a new one.

The SAP system gives you two reclassification options:

1) If you want to make extensive changes, you can use Article and Merchandise Category Reclassification.

2) If you just want to change the assignment of individual articles, rather than the assignment of whole article areas or existing merchandise categories, you should use the Article reclassification function, which is simpler to use. Article reclassification is allowed for the Single Article, Generic Article with Variants and Structured Article article categories.

Because of the twofold structure of the MC-assignment (as well material group as class hierarchy), merchandise categories, changes in class hierarchy have to be done in a process named u2018reclassificationu2019.

Reclassification is possible for:

u2022 Material groups

u2022 Material group hierarchy nodes

u2022 Characteristics profiles

u2022 Single articles

u2022 Generic articles

u2022 Displays

u2022 Sales sets

Reclassification is done by transactions WRC1 to WRC4 (create reclassification, display reclassification, change reclassification, delete reclassification) and WRCV (execute reclassification). Please read FAQ-note 314490 on how to proceed. Technically, the reclassification is mainly done by function module WWG2_RECLAS_BOOKED_DB.

From release 46C on there is the easier method, to reclassify single articles by transaction WRCR. This is done by function module ARTICLE_RECLASSIFY_LITE_RETAIL.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f083de60-4162-2b10-aa9a-8aa95510...

You may like to explore more with the help IRT310 course for your query.

0 Kudos

Hi D N,

I am closing the issue as i got the required and correct answer or solution to my query.

Thanks & Regards

Tonyrao

0 Kudos

Can you tell me in detail the config process for creating Art hiearchy

Edited by: snishant on May 25, 2010 12:03 PM