cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register a satellite system in solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to register our stage system in solman using t-code SMSY but I am unable to do so. I do not get any errors. My RFC connection tests between the solman and the stage systems are successfull.

I came to know that the stage system is not registered in the solman while trying to create a new maintenance transaction.

In the Maintenance Optimizer transaction, under step 1, I am not able to see the SID of my stage system under 'System'.

How can one check all the satellite systems that are configured in the solution mananger. I am able to see the SID of my stage system in t-code SMSY under the components 'server' , 'databases' & 'systems'. How can I narrow down the cause of this issue. Please help.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just add the Stage system to a appropriate Logical component in SMSY.

Then add this logical component to a Solution of your choice. Make sure that you right click the system in Solution Landscape Maintenance ( ie while adding it to the Solution ) and select "Put in Solution".

This should make the system available in the MOPZ transaction.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I have assigned our stage system to the logical component SAP ECC under 'system groups and logical components' tab in SMSY

options available are

SAP ECC -> SAP ECC Server -> SAP ECC. I select SAP ECC and I see 'System Assignment' screen on the right hand side. I see the already configured systems. The various tabs under 'System Assignment' are as follows

Product version Development system Quality assurance system Production system

I see our development system under the tab 'Development system'. I added my stage system under 'SAP Reference System'. Now I am unable to view my system while I create a new maintenance transaction under Operations > Change Management > Maintenance Optimzer ,

If I change the role of my stage system to the role 'Production' then I am able to see my stage system when I create a new maintenance transaction. Pls note that the role that I selected for my stage system during the configuration was 'SAP Reference System'

Hi Amit,

I followed your step but still unable to view my stage system under Operations > Change Management > Maintenance Optimzer ,

Create new maintenance transaction. Are only systems with 'Production Role' visible in Maintenance optimizer. Pls note that the leading role of the Solution is 'Production System' as seen under System groups and logical components - Solution Landscapes

- SAP ECC.

regards,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't register your system under SAP Reference System.

You can register it under Training System.

I think stage system means sandbox system ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

There are 4 systems in our landscape. The dev system, Quality system, User Test system and the Production system. We are trying to configure all the 4 systems in solution manager. I tried to register the system as Training, Quality Assurance, Demo but none worked. I am able to view the system in the Maintenance optimizer only if I register as a Production system. I configured this system as 'Reference system' during the initial configuration of this system (Prior to the assignment in SMSY). Is it that only those systems with the role 'Production System' are displayed under 'Maintenance optimizer'.

Regards,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow below steps to create logical system:

1) Go to SMSY

2) Click on System Groups and Logical Components

3) Click on Logical Components

4) Select SAP ERP (I am assuming that your system SAP ERP 6.0)

5) Open it and Select SAP ECC Server and right click on it and you will get create new logical component.

6) A pop-up will be opened (enter Logical Component Name like Z_ERP) and click it.

7) It will create a logical component. Then on Right Side, under Current System assignments. Assign your development system under development system, QA under Quality Assurance System, PRD under Production System and User test system under Training System.

😎 then SAve it.

Then go to DSWP and create maintaince optimizer solution and then check.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

The logical components were created already. I went to t-code DSWP and I can see the training system that I configured thereby confirming that I have configured our training system in Solution manager. Thanks for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also have to assign it to a Solution. Otherwise you still cant select the system for MOPZ

Nesimi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means your system is not assigned to logical system. When you will go to SMSY then there is a tab for System Groups and Logical Components. Go in this tab and then select your release then assign your system to whatever logical system you have configured.

Thanks

Sunny