cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 is now available" how to set COLOR in system??

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

great new SAP GUI for Windows 7.20!!!

I like it very much!

But the option to set the color to system seems to be gine...

Please tell me this isn't true...

danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danny,

I haven't tried this so I can't say for certain, but it may provide a solution to your issue.

In the SAP gui configuration from Control panel, select the them "System Dependant Theme". It appears that this takes the required details from a profile parameter in the specific system.

To set the parameter, use RZ10 and insert sapgu/theme with a value for the specific variant that you want. (E.g enjoy Streamline etc.) Obviously, use a different theme for each system. I don't think that you can specify a colour, but it will at least show you which system you are in.

Regards

Tony

albert_asllani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we also use different colors for DEV, QAS and PRD Systems.

Would be great to be able to change colors in signature theme...

regards

Albert

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

no, the option is still there: you have to change to the Enjoy Theme first, then the options for setting colors to systems will appear

Kind regards,

Martin

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

Great Martin,

and many thanks for your answer!

but it's a pity that the new fllashy 'signature theme' does not have this option!

but maybe it's coming in next releases...

danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update on this. We have that its taken us a lot of time to set up so that when skilled users have multiple sessions open in eith Dev test or Prod, the background is a different colour to enable quick identification of what system they are in. Has this been considered for other themes ?

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No more system-dependent colors with signature design.

Difficult to understand, why such a useful option no longer exists. Our SAPUSERs miss this.

PETER

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> but it's a pity that the new fllashy 'signature theme' does not have this option!

The reason to invent that signature theme was the fact, that SAP wants (wanted?) to have a unique UI experience across all different UI methods (GUI, WEB). If colors could be changed this would 'break' that paradigma again.

Markus

MichiFr
Participant
0 Kudos

Markus,

with all respect, but this is nonsens, I mean not your answer, but SAP's policy.

Today I can customize Windows, webpages (if implemented), my Android smartphone, with all colors, icons and much more.

SAP is ages back in time, I would dare to say that SAP even made a huge step backwards with the new design and should re-think its policy.

How many times customers have asked for a custom-colored GUI? Countless, I would say. Speaking from the point of a developer it is important to see at first glance which systems I've logged on, and believe me we have plenty of it.

cu,

Michael