cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check in document in default storage when using CV01N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community!

I was in the process of configuring content server for an ECC 6.0.

I had installed the content server version 4.6 in a separate system and its working well.

Then i finished all the configurations relating to creation of repository and linking it to content server through CSADMIN. I am setting in DC10 use KPRO. In transaction spro Cross-Application Components --> Document Management --> General Data --> Define Profile. I am create a profile, which can be assigned either to a role. Under "Determine definitions for applications" i am define a storage category to a workstation-application. However, when I go to CV01N, and try to check in a new document i did not even get the drop down list instead of my default value. Saves if I manually select "Check In". Am I missing a step??

Edited by: Igor Polushkin on Apr 15, 2010 1:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roopa_ms
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Igor ,

If you have already defined the a default storage for a specific application for a user X , when the user tries to check in ,

it will automaticallly take the default storage category .

IF you dont want to click the button "check in" , then you should maintain the status of the docoment as check in status in DC10 where document status is maintained.

In that case, on save, all your checked out files will be checked in automatically .

Hope this information will help you.

Best Regards,

Roopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roopa,

Thank you very much for your reply! I found this setting in the table TDWS, field "Check In". This really helped!

But I can not find appropriate customize in DC10. Show mе please?

Best Regards, Igor

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Igor,

table TDWS stores the status related settings. In DC10 you can find these settings if you mark the required document type and then go to 'Define document status'. Here all maintained status for a document type are listed and if you double click on the relevant status then the details are displayed. And this details are the same as the entries in table TDWS.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roopa and Christoph, thanks for the help! I solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to use the setting without a user. This does not work. If I set the user in the settings the function works. I have tried ' * ' as username.

Thanks

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

If there is no profile based on user-id then it calls FM SUSR_USER_AGR_ACTIVITYGR_GET to check if there are any roles existing with the user-id assigned to it. For example: it returns one role.

Now if this role is assigned to two different profiles, then the system picks anyone profile and accordingly use the settings maintained to this profile.

Please make sure that if a user-id is assigned to more than one role and both these roles is used in different profiles then in this case you have to explicitly mention the user-id in the profile directly rather than using only the role name.

Below is the explanation with example :

Consider that USER_1 is assigned to ROLE_1 and ROLE_2. And this USER_1 is linked to two different profiles using these roles. If you want that USER_1 should use Profile_1 please make the settings as below :

Profile_Key Role User Name

Profile_1 ROLE_1 USER_1

Profile_2 ROLE_2 -

The below settings does not work, as system can pick wrong profile.

Profile_Key Role User Name

Profile_1 ROLE_1 -

Profile_2 ROLE_2 -

I hope this information could be useful for you and help to get your profile settings work.

Another solution for controlling which storage category will be choosen is to use an implementation of BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 with method BEFORE_LIST_STORAGECAT.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph, but it does not work. I think the problem is did not even get presented menu "Check in Document KPro" offers options for conservation. Go by default saves to the local PC machine.

Edited by: Igor Polushkin on Apr 16, 2010 11:23 AM