cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ragarding check modification interval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have: checkmodificationinterval parameter on the sender file adapter side to check whether the file is totally written or not.

I have a requirement like: at the receiver end some application is there which will pick the file after it is processed from XI.

My question here is: how to check on the receiver end whether the file is totally written or not? so that my application at the receiver end can pick the totally written file....

Do we have any parameter on the receiver file adapter to check for the same?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The best solution to this will be give the writing mode of the file at the receiver end as "Temporary" instead of Directly writing it..... and give a temporary file name different from the actual file name.

PI will no write the actual file name till the file is completly written at the receiver side and hence the file wont be picked up by the receiver as well.

Hope this would help you resolve your concern.

Cheers

Dhwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick responce. My question is do we have any parameter on XI side that will check whether the file totally written or not ? if it is written then only pass the file to the receiver else block untill the file is totally written....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid no such parameter exists on the XI Receiver side.

The only way i think to do so will be using the Temporary file option.

Cheers

Dhwani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps using os command after/before writting it, you can block your file or may be create any kind of flag.

REgards,

Carme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carme,

Thanks for ur answer...

I am also thinking the same. Writing scripts/.bat files can solve these kind of issues...

any comments please...????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

anybdy have the other answer for the same..please update it....