SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM Settlement Procedure with calculation based on the Grid Level?

smetraux
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you see any way to do EDM (Energy Data Management) Settlement based on the Grid Level?

Thanks in advance.

Sébastien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can select 'Grid selection' in the settlement procedure customizing.

This then selects the grid with the PoD for each connection (step ASSIGNPOD).

For actual settlement on grid level, without going through settlement units, I used a custom settlement step. Select all pods for a certain grid (instead of settlement unit, what the standard steps do) and sum their profiles.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can select 'Grid selection' in the settlement procedure customizing.

This then selects the grid with the PoD for each connection (step ASSIGNPOD).

For actual settlement on grid level, without going through settlement units, I used a custom settlement step. Select all pods for a certain grid (instead of settlement unit, what the standard steps do) and sum their profiles.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

My question wasn't clear enough, I'm looking for a way to do settlement selections using the field EUIGRID-GRID_LEVEL.

I'm already doing settlement for every grid, but my customer asks me for settlement on the grid AND grid level combination.

Any idea?

Sébastien

0 Kudos

You could use a different profile role per voltage level. That would be the best performing in settlement. Alternatively you could check the grid level in the settlement step but that is more time consuming.

0 Kudos

Hello,

another option is when you create Grid per voltage level. In this case you can use standart step for grids hierarchy - sum all grid including sub-grid.

And you can use settlement units as grid company branch.

When we are speaking about voltage level then are we speaking about fisical level or rate level?

These are different things.

Best regards,

Igor

0 Kudos

Yes, depending on the number of grids you have you could also create a grid per voltage level. That would make it possible to use the standard steps as said.

With this: "And you can use settlement units as grid company branch." you mean that the grid result is calculated per settlement unit? In the summation to the higher level grid it then comes together, but not on voltage level then anymore...

0 Kudos

Of course, you are right.

Standard step sum up results and at the top grid we see result without grid level. But standard program make loop at the SU and when i organize SU then i make an association sub-SU as filial grid company(per voltage level). At the variant we can manage SU and their sub-SU into settlement procedure.

I have question, may be you implement "Grid usage Rate" into project? What is main goal this functionality? I can't see any link between installation and grid rate(.

Best regards,

Evstratov Igor

0 Kudos

Unfortunately we have not (yet) implemented the Grid Usage Rate functionality on the grid level, so I can't tell you much about it.