cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Stroge Bucket profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any program avilable to AUTOMATE the Stroge Bucket Profile based on Planning area Initialization dates....

I am Initializing PA which is under Rolling horizon....How can i manage SBP according to this rolling scenario.

Kindly,help.

Thanks,

Sai Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the need to be updating a storage bucket profile frequently with your PA initialization dates??

Storage bucket profile by itself doesnt take up any LC space. So maintain the Storage bucket profile for few years in the future.

For Eg: If you use 2 yrs of future for your forecasting/planning, maintain 2 + 1 = 3 years. So that at each year end you can extend it by 1 year.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil / Mani,

Thanks for the valueble inputs.

From the example mentioned....What about From date.....I understand that TO date can be +1 year based on Forecasting.

ie.FROM data is fixed one or we can change that also....

ie.Total SBP perios is 3 yrs...year by year we have to change the from and to data accordingly....

AM i correct?Sorry if it is silly question...

Thanks,

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

Let me help yopu understand this concept.

The SBP is basically a horizon within which you are 'allowed' to plan. In one of my engagements we maintained it for upto year 2020. This doesnt have any impact whatsoever on the LC as Mani /Senthil have rightly pointed out. Lets suppose you have a planning horizon of 5 years. 2 years of history and 3 years of future. Suppose you have just gone live so you would maintain something like 2008 to lets say 2015. Now logically you dont have to update the SBP upto year 2012. In year 2012 your past becomes 2010 (2012 -2) and future becomes 20115 (2012 + 3).

However when you reach 2013 the past horizon is safe at 2011 but future goes to 2016 which is outside your limit so you need to change the SBP.

I would recommend that you give a sufficiently long future horizon without any concerns. You will have to change it when the:

Current Year + Future Planning Horizon > SBP future end date

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers!

Abhi

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Abhishek has explained the details nicely. The bottom line is..

"Storage bucket profiles" do not consume any space. It is just a template, so create it for 100 years also there wont be any impact.

The Planning area's time series is the one that consumes space and that can be rolled over every week, month or quarter based on your storage periodicity.

So dont worry abt the Storage bucket profile in specific. Always ensure that it is more than your time series both in past and future.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

Thanks for immense and most understandable reply.

Sincere thanks again.

Regards,

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

For effective management of SBP, the SAP recommended practice

is not to change the SBP value often and keep it firm.

Once a storage buckets profile is in use, it is not possible to change it.

It is therefore sensible to specify a relatively long horizon. Since the

storage bucket profile does not take up any room in liveCache, this

does not affect performance.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.